• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

G Major Users ??

guitarman1956

Silver Supporting Member
I've been using the GT-6 for years...I only use it for effects, volume pedal and tuner. My issue is that I'm trying to go to a Splawn Quickrod head with an effects loop. The loop on the GT-6 is a pain to execute and then to get it right. Programming the OD button for External, then getting the Level and Drive correct to the amp.

anyone else convert to an amp head? Did you go to a TC Electronic G-Major or something?

Thanks for the advice.

mobis8

I wasn't in a GT-6 prior, however I did add a G-major to my rig and it isn't bad at all. I chose it because it works really well in series as opposed to how some seem to only go well in a parallel loop.

super easy to use... Programing is very simple however how do you plan on controlling it? Are you going to get a midi board as well?

guitarman1956

Silver Supporting Member
Yes..It would be for gigging situations. Looking towards the Behringer Midi Controller, But I'm not yet convinced the Major is the way to go.

shaneygoo

i'm thinking about trying a tc rack unit... don't you have to use the tc footswitch to get the tuner function at your feet?

Kenny D

I use two TC G-Major units - one on the line out from a THD Hotplate that routs my Plexi output to the wet side of a wet dry rig.

The other handles my clean guitar side in stereo.

I cannot say enough good about TC units. Easy to program, excellent sounds and rugged construction.