G system

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Boogie92801, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

Any one try one of these yet?

2. telest

telest Member

No, but they sure look slick. :AOK

Steve

3. Warchitect

Warchitect Guest

Looks to me like a G-Major/G-force in pedalform. For that amount of money you can get a secondhand Eventide + midi footcontroller and have way better fx at your command. :)

4. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

I have one coming...
    $1050 at GC..
    I'll let you know.
    I have 2 Eventides, 2 G Forces and a G Major...
    I'll compare..
    Steve

5. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

:eek:

Dude, step away from the effects vendor, just step away!

Seriously, I think the TC stuff sounds good but one thing I need to know before I make the plunge for any other multi effects/midi/rack stuff: when switching patches, does the signal completely die for a moment or can you change one parameter at a time? Say you go from a wet to an over driven sound with peddles you can add or subtract layers but you guitar is always driving the amp. With midi, itÂ’s like the whole system switches and there is this extremely annoying moment of dead air. :mad: I hate it when that happens.

6. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I had one on order, but cancelled it. I am interested to hear/see it before I come to any conclusions. It certainly looks the part.

Eagerly awaiting reviews from users.

7. BountyHuntr

BountyHuntr Supporting Member

I'd order one for $1050!!! Can you hook me up with a contact? If not I'll very anxiously await a review or 2. Like Scott said, it looks the part.... except the guitar signal is always being converted from a/d and d/a... with this change your tone????

Cam

8. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

Surprisingly, I think most of the high-end stuff retains the guitar signal fairly well. Certainly efficient enough for live situations. But for me it is all about the tracking and the patch changes. If it switches fast and keep the signal up and running during the change I'm in for a G.

9. BountyHuntr

"according to TC" there is no audio interruption during preset changes and the delays/reverbs feature true spillover...... we'll see. They finally have some audio clips up on their site now! The Wah's sound good enough to rid myself of the pedal!

10. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

Waiting for the reviews from trusted sources such as Steve and Scott..
    $1050 sounds good though....
    b.

11. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I jumped off the kool-aid wagon. :D Opted for the Flexi and cancled my G-System order. I'll check it out once they have shipped and I can get my hands on one, but I am not an early adaptor of the G-System now. :D

12. glogulus

glogulus Silver Supporting Member

I would be interested in knowing if you can run effects through the amps effects loop and through the front with the g-system.

Let us know how the reverbs and delays sound. One of the best combos I've ever heard is an eventide 2016 and 2290 together.. Sweeeeeet!

13. tobereeno

tobereeno Member

$1050 street price? that's a lot easier to stomach than what was it? $1800?

14. BountyHuntr

Well for better or worse, mine will be here tomorrow!!! I'm reluctantly excited. I just don't have high expectations anymore until I can really try a new piece of gear out, with my set up. It hopefully will give me the best of both pedalboard and rack worlds. I just wasn't hip to buying 4 or 5 more effect pedals to give me the effects variety that still won't come close to what the G-System provides... hopefully! Review to follow!!!

15. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

Looking forward to the reviews!

16. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Can it do the brown sound?

:p
    Sorry.

17. avenerjimmie

avenerjimmie Member

i'm excited to hear what someone thinks of this thing. in my mind, it is totally worth saving up for (if it's good...duh). consider this a bump i guess.

18. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

If it works well and sounds good I would replace SOME of my stomp boxes for it. I doubt that it has any distortion effects that I would care for but TC does time based effects great. The harmonizer is always fun too.

19. BountyHuntr

OK... 1st Initial opinion after only 15 mins, running guitar to G-System, mono out to input of amp, no pedals in loop.... as basic as it gets.

60-70% of th effects are out of the box useable with little tweaking needed. Not as much variety as say the GForce but all are fairly well balanced output-wise and all seem much clearer than the G Major or the Force. I've had both but it's been awhile since I've had them so I'm going by memory. I'm absolutely sure the delays etc would sound better in the effects loop or after the amp but they blow doors on the H2O and Nobels delay I currently have... and others I've had in the past. I would think it'd be super easy to add or incorporate a G Force, Fireworks, Eventide, or whatever and control it all with the G-System.

The pedalboard itself is layed out nice, plenty of room to stomp the buttons, the Boost is fantastic!! Seem very easy to have your presets or even kick in an effect on any given preset you're using, if you want. Haven't tweaked anything but from previous readings it shouldn't be difficult.

It appears to be solid as a rock! A beast at about 20 lbs. Better have a pedalboard lid at least 4 1/2 to 5" inner heights... needless to say I need a new board to mount it and the pedals on! Argh! Screw holes in bottom of the base to mount to your pedalboard... Not big enough but there's other ways to mount it I'd say.

It's still early but it seems like it will fill my needs and be a huge boost in my effects arsenal. OHHhhhh guitar tone is well fairly well preserved. Slight decrease in volume and maybe 'some' presence but I may be able to tweak the volume on the input level.

Head'n back to enjoy it for awhile.. hope this helps and I'll probably have more to follow in the next week or so.....

20. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

Sounds very encouraging.
    Thanks for the review.
    I'll wait until the honeymoon fever subsides, and look forward to more reviews from you and others as the unit ships.
    b.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.