G12H Heritage

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Braciola, May 18, 2005.

1. Braciola

Braciola Silver Supporting Member

Well, since Celestion is not allowing Dave at Avatar to sell these speakers :mad:, I was wondering if anyone might know where I can get them at a decent price.

2. martins3325

martins3325 Supporting Member

I think theres collusion goin on.. every place ive seen sellin em wants $195 for the G12M and $220 for the G12H

3. Blueser

Blueser Member

That is absolute robbery for a ceramic speaker! I don't care if it was made by little elves who were sprinkling Jimi dust on them!

Well maybe if it was Jimi dust! :D

4. DestroyAllGuitars

DestroyAllGuitars Member

Yep, they have fixed the prices and are selling to very few
    dealers at this point. The folks at Celestion HQ here on
    Long Island steered me to Music123.com.

5. tonedaddy

tonedaddy Member

I am here as you are here as you are me and we are
    So I'm guessing the $350 that people pay for the originals is what?
    :)

6. martins3325

martins3325 Supporting Member

not to justify the $350 for the originals..but a big part of that pricing is because they are rare by virtue of their age and finite number of good condition old ones out there..new ones they can make as many as they can sell..I dont think $195 is outta this world high..hell look what Tone Tubby gets for theirs..but I do think $150-175 would be a much more palletable price. I mean at $220 it costs $880 just for the speakers to load a 4x12 cab..thats just a bit steep for new speakers I think.

7. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

Hey guys.....give things a little time to settle in and we'll see where things fall. I do not set the prices for Celestion, but I can assure you that it's not a cheap speaker to make as it's basically hand built....I know, I built one in England when I was at the factory in April.

8. sampleinajar

sampleinajar Member

Contact George Allesandro. He helped with the development of these speakers (along with EJ), and will be one of the first dealers for them.

Good luck-

Steve

9. jaimo

jaimo Member

I did. He is only selling the 16 ohm version because he believes they most closely emulate the originals. I need an 8 ohm. He suggested I wire two 16's together to achieve 8 ohms.
    Nice idea if your cabinet is not a 1x12. However, mine is.

10. hipfan

hipfan Member

Get the 16 ohmer and a Weber Z-matcher! :)

11. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Just for the record, in almost 300 Celestion purchases in the last five years, I've never seen the G12H30 55hz 8 ohm speaker. That speaker is the T1460, according to the Doyle book.

One of the rarest of the rare Celestion speakers. Good luck finding one.

12. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Senior Member

Come on, just get a 2X12. The CAE 2X12 isn't much bigger than an oversized 1X12. My Aiken Sabre barely fits on top, and that's when used horizontally. Its 18"W/28"L/12"D. ;) Take the plunge! :D

13. GMo

GMo Member

Let me start by saying,I'm NOT trying to start some flame throwing problems,just a question.

Has anyone compared the Heritage speakers,to the scumbacks?
    Any preferences,or noted differences?

All thoughts welcome. Thanks.:)

14. Scumback Speakers

Rick Skillman (fit2btied, Celestion OEM sales mgr) and I are getting together next week to do a comparison. I understand that Greg Germino is getting some G12H's in and will be doing an A/B comparison to mine, although the G12H's are 55 hz, and mine are 75hz, so there's some differences. Greg didn't care for the 55 hz versions of mine, but loves the 75 hz version. I venture to say that if Celestion made their's true to the original 102 014 cones, then Greg probably won't like them, either, but we'll see.

Keep in mind though, I have four variations of each of the G12M's and the G12H30's. Two of mine are like the Heritages. The other six are the others that Celestion used to make (and haven't decided to remake), and the "in between" or higher wattage models they never did make.

That's the beauty of working with Ted. I come up with an idea, tell Ted how/what I think it should be made and how it should sound and he delivers. I've yet to figure out the downside to that arrangement. The speakers he makes for me weigh in at 7 lbs +/- and a Heritage G12H is 10.4 lbs. Same tone, less weight, less money.

If there's something wrong with that, please point it out to me so I can correct it as soon as possible. ;)

15. Braciola

Braciola Silver Supporting Member

Hey Jim!
    Still waiting on my SA-15-55 recone from Ted. Can't wait to hear it!
    I'm sure I will be purchasing one or more of the G12H Heritage Celestions also.
    I'll give my comparison of the two as soon as I'm able to A/B them.

16. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

Dude.........that's where our mojo is, in the weight!:D
    Not to make this our public daytimer, but can we do Monday because Im in Arizona for a few days next week? Email me.......rick.skillman@celestionamerica.com

17. Scumback Speakers

Please do, Braciola! At least one TGP member has gotten his SA12M-55 recone back, but I'll let him tell you about it. I'm pretty certain you'll dig the tone.

You know folks, if I didn't think Ted had done this recreation real well I wouldn't have spouted off in the first place last December when I made these available. That's how well Ted has done with this, and that's why my Pre Rola's are for sale.

To date I've ordered just over 200 speakers. None have been returned except two for damage during shipping (yes, I paid the return shipping fees and sent out new ones at my cost), and two because the client ordered the wrong ohm rating for his use by accident.

I figured a few folks would want the tone I had Ted create. But this is beyond what I'd imagined, to be quite frank with you. My thanks go out to all the TGP members who believed in my posts, and Ted's abilities.

18. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

Ted Weber has a very cool gizmo box that matches any speaker impedance to any OT impedance. Pretty cheap, about $100.

19. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

When will i learn to read the whole thread before posting!