• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

G12H30 derivatives that are less edgy?

kingdavidy2k

I love the tonality of my G12H30 on my Top Hat Club Royale but found them too edgy. I like the EQ on it, not looking to get anything darker nor brighter, just smoother if that makes sense?

Does this speaker exist?

ekkybedmond

WGS Reaper HP (probably too smooth)
Reaper 65W (special order, underway to me, should be a hair darker than the 30W Reaper)
Black Cat Celestion (great, be it quite modern-ish speaker, like a hybrid)
G12H clones with large dustcap (still agressive, but a bit less in highs)
Weber or Scumback 40oz/J speaker (own a LC version, SC version should be brighter, hence the recommendation)

Edit: your amp is like 18-20 W?

Then the 30W Reaper should do it, otherwise the G12H 'clones' like Weber and Scumback come in 30W and 65W versions, the 65W versions being slightly darker

vmjoe

Scumback H series. His take on that speaker. Warmer than the Celestion with sweeter highs. Also his speaker with maybe the tightest bottom.

Dan40

Silver Supporting Member
Avatar cabs sell a Celestion G12h-30 speaker that has been broken in by them already. It is called the Hellatone 30 and it is definitely a Celestion speaker that they put their label on. It comes out of the box a little smoother than a plain G12H-30 and it will likely cost less than you paid for your Celestion. They also sell the Hellatone 60 which is a Vintage 30 with their break in process already performed.

sonicmessiah

Did you already try turning the "cut" knob way up?

I love the tonality of my G12H30 on my Top Hat Club Royale but found them too edgy. I like the EQ on it, not looking to get anything darker nor brighter, just smoother if that makes sense?

Does this speaker exist?

Schroedinger

Avatar cabs sell a Celestion G12h-30 speaker that has been broken in by them already. It is called the Hellatone 30 and it is definitely a Celestion speaker that they put their label on. It comes out of the box a little smoother than a plain G12H-30 and it will likely cost less than you paid for your Celestion. They also sell the Hellatone 60 which is a Vintage 30 with their break in process already performed.
I was going to ask how well broken in your G12H30 is. I had one a while ago that I bought used, and it was pretty well balanced. Not too bright at all.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom