G12H30 type speaker but 60W

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MrJacko03, Apr 27, 2008.

1. MrJacko03

MrJacko03 Member

I have two port city 1x12 OS cabs. One with G12H30 and one with V30.

I'm getting a new amp and I would like to find a G12H30 type speaker with 60W and same sensitivity as it should still match the V30.

Any suggestions?

2. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

Scumback H55's.Hands down the best!I have 4 of them in a 4x12 cab that records beautifully and sounds stunning!Best speaker you can buy.http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/
    And they are available in 30 watts or 65 watts.8ohms or 16 ohms.

3. MrJacko03

MrJacko03 Member

Hmmm....

Just checked the "site" if you can call it that. This is what it says....copy/paste from the site:

H55-8 or -16 --> G12H30 T1281 or T1534 Pre Rola 5hz (bass response) bass cone, using the 102 014 Pulsonic cone.

What the h... does that mean????? :D

4. tubetone74

tubetone74 Supporting Member

Eminence Wizard????

5. BeauZooka

BeauZooka Member

Eminence has "The Wizard", which is their 75 watt version of a G12H30.

6. MrJacko03

MrJacko03 Member

Hmmmm......nice

What is their V30 version?

7. BeauZooka

BeauZooka Member

Their V30 is "The Governor"
    Greenback is "Private Jack"
    Blue is "Red Fang"

8. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

Read his history of his speakers.It explains everything so you can make an informed decision.You can also email him.He's very responsive to inquiries.

9. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

It's the original pre-rola it's based on. The scumback is a fantastic speaker, and I own and love them. But it's the bass cone, meaning darker than the H30.

If you truly want the same approx efficiency (DB output) and similar tone, then a Classic Lead 80 would be close.

The Scumback IS better IMO, but the V30 is a unique speaker, and if you're looking for a efficiency =.....then you have to look elswehere.

Me, I sold my V30's and H30's and went Scumback M/H 75 mix.

10. MrJacko03

MrJacko03 Member

Thanks guys.....

Fast and good answers is what I love about TGP ;)

11. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Hey, are you bagging on my new site while it's still under construction? ;)

You'll want the XH75 speaker. 80 oz magnet, 65 watts power handling, around 101 db efficiency, even with, or louder than the V30.

The XH75 has the 75 hz bass response cone, while your V30 uses the Celestion 444 55hz bass response cone. I'm sure the XH75 will be a strong match to the V30, and will actually enhance it's tone a bit. While I would recommend getting the XH55 to go along with it, getting the XH75 is a good start to begin with.

The scumbackspeakers.com site is still growing, and is in the middle of more upgrades and pages added, so it's not fully dialed in yet, but it does have most of the information you need.

If you have any other questions, just email me. I'm happy to help you figure it out.

12. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

80oz magnet?? That's nutz.

13. hamfist

hamfist Member

Oh yes. I suggest that we start measuring magnet weight in tons from this point onwards !

14. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

Hey, I didn't realize the 'big scummie' was available now.

15. MrJacko03

MrJacko03 Member

You call that a site???????????:crazyguy

Ok...I'll be nice when you put it like that ;) As I understand you, the XH75 and the XH55 would be your prefered combination in two 1x12's ?

The XH75 has 75HZ bass response. Does the XH55 have a 55HZ bass resonse like the V30?

Nod if I understood anything you said :D

In all seriousness Jim......I think you may be under-estimating the importance of a great website. Lots of people have been shocked (cause of increased sales)when they got a professionel site up and running :)

BTW...how are your speakers compared to Eminence speakers???? I have no idea about anything when it comes to speakers.......

16. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

LOL. The site is still evolving. I had to get the ordering, and descriptions dialed in first, as the IRS seems to think amps & cabs are a different type of business than speakers (yeah, you heard me right), even though they're all inter-dependent on each other. But try to explain that to them, as they know it all. So the site is still a work in progress. I have tons of clips to add to it when I get them all sorted out and a few more in.

The XH55 is a 55hz bass response cone, which is also used by the V30 in their 444 cone, although they do some things to it to make the speaker respond more in the upper mids, and the bass registers.

To properly address your needs, I have six questions I usually ask before making a full recommendation, so I'd need those answered. If you're interested, shoot me an email.

jamison, yeah the 80 oz came about because of a TGP member who wanted the loudest H75-LHDC he could get. The cone I use is not as loud as a Celestion after treatment, so the only way to make it louder is to give it a bigger magnet, so in with the 80 oz. The member who got it says it's louder than a G12H30 Anniversary, but with the Scumback tone, so he's happy.

I see the XH series as a speaker to put into a cab when you need the most oomph you can get, so that's why it was created. Big sucker. 12.5 lbs each, too.

As for the Eminence comparison, that's tough. They've got so many, and no real clear information describing which Eminence is supposed to sound what Celestion or whatever other brand. I guess you could email them and ask.

But they kick out the jams, let me tell you... :D

17. tedwoods

tedwoods Member

Forget about the site and give these speakers a try!
    I have not heard a better speaker in my life!!!
    The tone is exactly how you would expect a perfect pre-Rola example would perform.
    As a bonus minimal break in is required as well.
    With shipping calculated in the price, they are for us Europeans in the range of the Heritage line but SO MUCH BETTER!!! (YMMV of course)
    Can't wait to try the Scumnico myself!

Ted

PS:Oops! I forgot...I have the M55 and M75 both in the 65 watt versions.

18. MrJacko03

MrJacko03 Member

Ok....so I emailed you!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the answer :eek: :D