G2D Cream pedal (Your thoughts?)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jaradc, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Jaradc

Jaradc Member

Thinking of picking one up, the only issue i have is that my amp hates ts-808 type pedals. If anyone out there owns one, chime in and let me know what you think!

2. Garage Dog

Garage Dog Member

I own it,I love it .An exceptional pedal that is very overlooked:)

3. CWFurst

CWFurst Member

I've been curious about these too.

4. theflyingturtle

theflyingturtle Member

I was really dissapointed in mine. It turns out it it didn't like my amp either. However I did play it once through a Twin Reverb and "POW" it was smoking! FWIW everyone I've known who owned one raved about it. When I finally buy a Fender amp the G2D will be mine!!!

5. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I had one and while it is a great pedal, in the end I opted to keep my BB preamp and sold the Creamtone.

6. CWFurst

CWFurst Member

What did you find dissapointing about it? What amp did you have that it didn't really bond with?

7. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

I use a Tele and AC30ish amp. I didn't like the OD or the clean boost on the CreamTone. That spot on my board is now taken with a KOT or TBIAC.

I have used it with a Strat and had more success tho.

8. fcortex

fcortex Member

This is a great pedal, one of the best IMO, BUT a Fender amp is a must. It's a good, smooth OD, though.

9. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Good pedal, if not great, with a Fender Blackface type of amp. Sorta hard sounding if the amps middy, so think of a tube screamer flavor with less base cut and less overall pedal gain. Very much a gentlemans Texas blues pedal, if that makes sense. Not sure it does but for harder rocking tones there's pedals like the Eternity and Fulldrive. But the Cream Tone does a wonderful job of keeping the tone close to home and adding a bit of grit.