• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

G5 wahs too subtle?

mpr

Anyone else feels the G5 wahs are too subtle? I'm not sure what's lacking. Maybe more frequency range, or a different Q, or something else, but there's very limited configurability so it can't be done.

Some of the other filter FX are more like it, but they're not controllable wahs.

Are those on the Pod HD more flexible?

camstudio

I think I know what you mean. The Line6 wahs have a bit of an edge imo although they are not really tweakable. There are more to choose from. I think my favourite zoom wah would be the Ibanez 100 wah.

Here is a recording using a bad horsie 2 into the G5. I ran through the onboard ones before doing the take but settled on the external one.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/joelcam/jackie-baby[/soundcloud]

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
Are you sure you have the parameters adjusted properly?
I have a G3X and the wahs are very pronounced or subtle depending on how I choose to set them.

camstudio

The Z-pedal filter effect can get some cool foot controlled sounds. Placed post amp in the chain works well with this effect.

DualRectifier

You can set the minimum and maximum values, which will change the width of the sweep. I haven't seen what the min and max values are for the presets, but I know there is plenty of sweep in there if you want it.

mpr

Are you sure you have the parameters adjusted properly?
Max depth/resonance, fully wet.

The Z-pedal filter effect can get some cool foot controlled sounds. Placed post amp in the chain works well with this effect.
You're right. It's wahish but more extreme. I'll toy with it more to see if it's a good alternative.

You can set the minimum and maximum values, which will change the width of the sweep. I haven't seen what the min and max values are for the presets, but I know there is plenty of sweep in there if you want it.
Not a preset. The expression pedal is set to the maximum min/max range.

What's the chain in your "pronounced wah" settings? Post amp or pre? Any specific EQing?

The limited expression pedal assignability is unfortunate. Being able to use two wahs flavors at the same time, or also control an EQ, would allow more flexibility.

DualRectifier

Not a preset. The expression pedal is set to the maximum min/max range.

What's the chain in your "pronounced wah" settings? Post amp or pre? Any specific EQing?

The limited expression pedal assignability is unfortunate. Being able to use two wahs flavors at the same time, or also control an EQ, would allow more flexibility.
**** man, I can't even figure out how to get the pedal set as a volume pedal (see thread I posted, with no real answers). I just know when I was playing around with it I noticed some realistic wahs on some of the presets. I would think wah is pre. I feel your pain. Good sounds but the G5 is a nightmare to use and program compared to others.

Dan1948

I use the Z pedal on stage and it sounds great. Reminds me of the Color Sound I used many years ago.

FYI, I place it first on all my chains.

Just my 2 cents!

Dan

Trending Topics

Top Bottom