Gadow Custom Hollow?

XKnight

I have this Gadow Custom Hollow in transit to my house and want to hear from all the Gadow players about what I can expect? I've read lots of good reviews, but haven't played this particular model yet. I had an early Gadow Monterey years ago and while it was well made I just didn't bond with it so was a little hesitant to buy the Custom Hollow. Since the Custom Hollow is a totally different design than the Monterey I'm hoping for a winner. So in anticipation of the Custom Hollow's arrival please provide your input. Thanks!

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
Think of it as a hybrid design Thinline Tele/Les Paul/ES 339 guitar. One the most versatile guitars out there!

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Great looking guitars, fellas. How are the necks on those? Thin, medium or chunky?

Hush

Gold Supporting Member
Mine is medium thickness but wider at the nut than my other guitars it's over 1 3/4".

Stike

Great looking guitars, fellas. How are the necks on those? Thin, medium or chunky?
Not shredder and not baseball bat, I'd say more medium than anything.

Mine is medium thickness but wider at the nut than my other guitars it's over 1 3/4".
At some point Ryan switched to a narrower/more standard nut width but I'm not sure when. Maybe he'll chime in.

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
I had Ryan Gadow custom make a neck for mine .90>1st fret to .960>12th fret 1&11/16ths wide. LOVE IT! Plus his hand wound Alnico's are great as well!

Gadow guitars

Whats the serial number? and I can give you some info on it.We switched from 1 3/4" over to the 1 11/16" nut in 2006...and in 2008 we started winding our own pickups.

XKnight

Whats the serial number? and I can give you some info on it.We switched from 1 3/4" over to the 1 11/16" nut in 2006...and in 2008 we started winding our own pickups.
Thanks for chiming in.:aok I'm not sure of the serial # because the guitar hasn't arrived yet due to a delay with UPS this past week. I should have it on Monday and will provide an update.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
The couple Gadows Ive played have been great. The super compact nature is an adjustment but the quality is top notch.

stratoquack

Great guitars. I use one in cover band doing everything from funk to Van Halen and it covers it in spades. I'd describe the neck as medium.

niersbach

Silver Supporting Member
Years ago I got to spend an afternoon with Ryan, got a factory tour, got to meet his family and all the guys working in the shop at the time (I even think Stike was there too..I was basically wandering around in a daze LOL). THe whole setup was absolutely top notch and Ryan was the ultimate host.

I cant imagine your guitar not being absolutely fantastic as far as build quality etc... and its just a matter of wether its the right specs for you.

django49

From the number of Gadow labeled instruments hanging about, I guess I MUST be a fan. Here is a pair of the Custom Hollows.

After I got these two, I had Ryan build a custom setneck hollow body. I like it a lot.

Oz Hofstatter

Incredible guitars! They look and sound great! Very well made indeed!
I like a lot The Hollow and love The Bird....:love:
Cheers,
Oz

XKnight

My Custom Hollow arrived and is very well made as expected. It's also incredibly light at 6 pounds which is a nice plus for me. Everything feels great and the neck, as many have already stated, has a fantastic silky smooth feel to it and has a nice medium carve. I've been in contact with Ryan and he has ben very gracious and the guitar is actually on its way to the Master for a once over and setup. It's a 2005 model, but still looks as new.

As an added bonus, the guitar has a very nicely figured Birdseye Maple neck too.

Trending Topics