• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Garageband: canI use a guitar to track "bass" parts?

Crowder

Dang Twangler
I have a keyboard so that's how I've been approximating bass parts. I think I'd get the tracks down a lot quicker if I could play the "bass" part on my guitar. Is there a setting or a plug in that transposes the guitar down to the bass's range?

Thanks!

kludge

The droid you're looking for
You could probably use a pitch shifter (which is probably built into Garageband). It won't sound like a "bass", but it could sound really cool!

MSS

I use my VG strat......it has a baritone setting though!! I have used just a regular tuned guitar for quick bass-lines before and roll off all the top end and make sure to use an amp sim that has a lot more bottom. Can sound pretty good once you get it tweaked. The problem for us guitar players is that the bass lines tend to sound like guitar players trying to play bass!!

Trending Topics