Garageband/Logic wav file import problem

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by TheCommish, Jan 13, 2008.

1. TheCommish

TheCommish Supporting Member

Hi

I have been trying to import the individual track files from a gig my band played. They were recorded onto a PC computer (don't know which program) and saved as WAV files, each file is 52 minutes long/about 450MB, and when I tried to import them into my Mac a couple of things happened.

With Garageband, I successfully imported 2 tracks and then it basically wouldn't import any more. The 'importing file' window would either just disappear after a couple of seconds, or it would say that there was an error.

I then tried Logic Express, which imported the files without issue, except that the files played back slow and at a lower pitch than the original music.

Any ideas as to fix these issues? I would much rather use Garageband than Logic to compile and mix these tracks. Garageband is version 4.11 on Mac OSX v10.4.11 running on a dual G4 tower.

Cheers,
    Richard.

2. slhguitar

slhguitar Member

I have also had problems importing .wav files into garageband. You might try converting them to a different file type, then trying again. I've never had problems with mp3 or aiff files, so maybe try that. Good luck.

3. scottlr

scottlr Member

They need to 44.1kHz to play back at the correct speed. I'd convert them to .aiff files in iTunes.