Gary Moore fast pentatonic blues lick tutorial

kyboch

I just put this up. It's the 1st video of 3 that I'm doing on Gary Moore speed licks. I'll be putting the other 2 up in the next couple of weeks. If you're looking to incorporate some fast pentatonic type licks into your playing I think these vids will help you. Working on these licks gave me even more appreciation of just what a great guitar player he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsvMLGnpTks

Good luck and as always I hope you get something out of it.
cheers

partytrain

I usually skim through a lot of these without giving them a second thought, but this was really, really good.

matte

gary's blues period always struck me as a strong template for joe b's direction.

saw gary on the thin lizzy black rose tour, opening for boc.

didn't know who he was going in.

never forgot him, going out

he played the absolute **** out of that salmon pink rw board strat.

devastating player.

kyboch

That was awesome. I can play it at about 1/3rd of your slowed down rendition so far. Some work to do...
Hey Mrmarshallhead, thanks for the nice comment, just keep doing it slowly until it's flawless, then gradually speed'er up! I know you've probably heard that a million times right? But it DOES work.
cheers

Jim DaddyO

by the time my computer is playing the first part at the bend, the lick is over and the video portion just skips to the end. Damn slow computer! (and fast playing....cool).

monty

gary's blues period always struck me as a strong template for joe b's direction.

devastating player.
Thanks for that vid. I've been more into his blues stuff but need to dig back a bit.

kyboch

devastating player.
GM and Scott Gorham were a good combination. Very complimentary players. Man I would have loved to have seen that show!
cheers

kyboch

Here's the 2nd lick of my 3 lick series on Gary Moore. If you're looking to incorporate some fast pentatonic type licks into your playing I think these vids will help you. This one is very similar to the first one but it starts a little different. Working on these licks gave me even more appreciation of just what a great guitar player he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_eVYZVEHIg

Good luck and as always I hope you get something out of it.
cheers

Trending Topics