gary moore tune

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by tedm, Nov 23, 2005.

1. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

2. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

3. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

+ 1 :confused:

4. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

in teds mind,,...

5. tedm

Thanks bsuite!

6. onemind

onemind Member

Hoping this is constructive,

Ted, I appreciate your posts, and if they're not "tongue in cheek" which I strongly suspect they are, some quick recommendations.

Always tune before recording! before each take if you must. work on your bends, play the note you want to bend to, and then practice getting the bend there.

Keep practicing, preferably with a metronome.

Keep engaging your kids in your music.

(s)

7. tedm

I appreciate the feedback. I do check my guitar's tuning before each recording, I check actual fretted notes all over the keyboard rather than open notes as I've found this more accurate.

I've also listened to this clip again, and while I may be playing notes or chords out of tune with the backing, or some bends are out of tune, to me, it sounds like my guitar is in tune.

Now it's possible my tuner is sharp or flat a few cents, and the backing track is flat a few cents, and my ears don't detect it, but otherwise, I think you're hearing me play notes out of tune, while the guitar is in tune fine. I play 10-46's, usually dropped 1/2 step, and 9/10 times I check, it's only the g string that may have gone a tad flat unless I was really playing hard.

After tuning with the tuner, I also play some open chords, and I can often hear if something's not right.

Timing is a big issue with me, but one thing I've realized is that just by slowing down the BT, does not make it easier to play in time for me with or without using a metronome.