Gary Moore's 58' Les Paul for sale

monwobobbo

damn it this would have made a nice xmas gift from the mrs. (I wish). would kill for this but not happening. winning lottery ticket where are you? :waiting

Alex Najarian

these aren't guitars, folks. it's art shaped like a guitar.

someone will come along and spew old wood/tone/aged parts etc, but that's NOT what you're paying for. it's rarity. not tone.

It's the product of a sick mentality, when the few people with enough money to buy such things, do so merely for the status of saying that they have something that barely anybody else can afford. I don't advocate such a mentality. I would much rather have a nice house, a brand new ACR Viper and a new R9 LP. When I saw that the hemi Cuda sold for $2.3 mil, I wondered wtf?? You could buy 10 brand new Ferrari 488's for that much money. Hell, a brand new Hellcat Challenger would kick the piss out of that hemi Cuda in every which way and leave you with over 2.2 mil remaining in your bank account. If you have so much money that you can blow it on silly things like this, shouldn't you help less fortunate people who might be hungry and wouldn't that feel more rewarding than having a pile of sh1t that few people can afford?
I'm just not with that $800k Ty Cobb baseball card silliness and greedy mindset. It's a piece of cardboard, for God's sake.

cutaway

It's the product of a sick mentality, when the few people with enough money to buy such things, do so merely for the status of saying that they have something that barely anybody else can afford.
Well, it's that way with a Picasso too. I don't care what people do with their money. I do care that they think because they spent X on a guitar, that it equates to a superior instrument. That's not what this is.

27sauce

Well, it's that way with a Picasso too. I don't care what people do with their money. I do care that they think because they spent X on a guitar, that it equates to a superior instrument. That's not what this is.

Did you get a chance to play it? What are the frets like? I'm always curious with '58 refrets.

27sauce

are you serious? so i need to play it to know it's not 300k more tone than an off the shelf RI?

I would never compare it to a replica, it's not the same thing. No use in saying "I'd rather have this, or that"

A CZ may be just as good looking, even more so, than a diamond. It will never be a diamond.

Why get an off the shelf RI, just get an Agile. Or a first act...

Apples to oranges.

Butst to burst...maybe it is a crap burst.

Alex Najarian

A base Stratocaster will outperform nearly any guitar. I understand people spending more money on exotic guitars, cars or whatever. I just think it is a display of ugliness when a person spends tremendous amounts of money on "collectible" piles of sh1t. I saw a 1970 Superbird with weeds growing through the floor and rust holes throughout. it sold for over $500k. In other words, sure buy a Bentley if you have the means and feel it is a superior car but spend $2.3mil on a 1970 car that rides like crap, handles like a 2 ton sled etc? These rich people merely want to buff their weak egos with such acquisitions and in my opinion, this superiority-seeking mentality is ugly as hell. I would rather buy 10 new houses for struggling families than buy a 1970 car to top the Jones'.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom