Gary Moore's 'Power of the Blues' album - pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nsriley, Mar 12, 2008.

1. nsriley

nsriley Member

Sounds like Marshall amps and Les Paul's, but man it sounds like he's pushing his amps with something else. Anyone know about the tones on that album. I know he used to Guv'nor pedals.

2. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

He has been using TS-10's, Blues Drivers and maybe modded TS-9's lately.

3. nsriley

nsriley Member

Cool, thanks for the info! I know he uses different stuff in the studio including POD units, but his tone on the "Power of the Blues" album is just in your face raw sounding. I hooked up my BB Preamp tonight into the 80's setting on my Fargen Mini Plex MKII with my Les Paul and got a pretty smokin' tone like his with it.

4. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

I actually copped his tone quite well on Corridors of Power when it came out in the 80s using a Sholtz original Rockman. My guess it is Marshall's and Les Pauls as well.

5. nsriley

nsriley Member

Interesting. I was listening to the 'Power of the Blues' album again this morning and at time it sounds like just straight up LP's and Marshall's, but some of his solos in some songs are on fire and has to be a TS or something pushing it up that smokin.