Gary's Guitars - Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by devinb, Jul 5, 2008.

1. devinb

devinb Member

Anyone ever buy from Gary? His prices are steep, but I understand that his stuff is usually top notch. Does he have any play in his prices?

2. rastus

rastus Member

Gary has some of the best out there-and he is truly a fine businessman and a gentleman. I have never been afraid to make Gary an offer on a piece, he generally will make a counteroffer. If it's a consignment he'll tell you. He is dead honest as far as I can tell. I had a chance to have a drink and get to know Gary a bit at Dallas this year-great to put a face to the man-he really puts a lot of care and thought into pleasing the customer.

3. Formvar

Formvar Supporting Member

Gary`s reputation is among the best in the vintage guitar industry. He`s one of only a few that I would trust in that world. Unless you arer 100% confident that you can authenticate a vintage guitar, it`s worth it to pay a bit more for piece of mind.

4. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

He is expensive, but he has a good reputation.

5. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

I purchased a guitar from Gary's a few years ago. Highly pleasant experience.

6. blueroommusic

blueroommusic Member

I too have had personal, excellent business relations with Gary. Just a super guy and always has great stuff!

7. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

One of the finest gentlemen to deal with for real vintage guitars. Hopefully I will see him at the Summer Philly show next weekend.

8. mbrann

mbrann Member

This past spring I had the pleasure to visit Gary's home/showroom during a charitable fund raising event and had the opportunity to spend a fair amount of time with him and his inventory. Gary struck me like a pretty honest enthusiast who loves doing what he's doing. And the showroom at his home is absolutely jaw dropping. Nothing but the finest as far as I could see.

9. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

Wow, was just looking at his website. He has some gorgeous inventory.

10. sinner

sinner Member

Gary's Classic Guitars, right? I bought from him, all went very well A+.

But still good advise is to always ask plenty of questions, especially about things that really matter to you, regarding wear, cosmetics etc. Sometimes a simple little thing can slip your mind (or a dealer's mind).

11. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

Gary Dick, right?

I have a friend who had a nightmarish experience with him on an older Gretsch guitar.

Didn't mean to end the lovefest. :)

YMMV