GAS attack strikes again... Tiny Terror content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Gasp100, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Well, just pulled the trigger on an Orange Tiny Terror. I'm now completely maxed out credit card wise and I pray my gear sells here (or on ebay).... Definitely looking to crank this puppy up and see what goods it can deliver. Perfect timing on ebay too, refreshed my search, settled on a best offer of $400 shipped... can't beat that (I don't think). I will be joining the Orange TT club as soon as she arrives
    :dude
    Thanks to all the TGP TT owners who took the time to answer my myriad of inane questions.

2. bilbal

bilbal Member

Cool - I hope you enjoy the little guy. I have wanted to test drive one for some time now. I just don't have the extra scratch that I know I would need because I'm sure I would want to buy the damn thing after playing it. Let us know what ya think - on second thought...LOL!!!

Have fun man!
    Bill

3. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Member

Congrats on the new amp!!! I think it is a really cool amp and an amazing bargain...I played my TT today and it sounded really good! I think you will really like it! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it...

Eric

ps. your new Gries clip is really cool!!

4. sugarlou

sugarlou Supporting Member

Gassed for one, searched all over, bought it, listed it for sale about a week later. Not trying to say its not good, just after the honeymoon was over, I fell out of love fast. Just me?...maybe.

5. Miles

Miles Member

No, identical story for me. I loved the TT, not 4 days later did it not feel right...to me...so I sold it.

However, I've heard it on some recordings and other players make it sound great. It just wasn't for me.

$400 is a steal though, great work.

6. Gasp100

I will take the honeymoon stuff under consideration... nothing is sacred or safe from resale in my house :rolleyes:
    I figured the price was right for at least a test drive and once again I found a great ebay seller with top notch communication who took it to the local UPS store the following morning (just like I do when I sell).
    I guess I feel comfortabel because I have a few different cabs to test it with AND it's okay if it's a 1-2 trick pony (if it's the right pony's that is...)
    And, I don't gig just record. We shall see - I'll report back soon.

7. 5E3

5E3 Member

Hey Gasp, I was searching and came across this thread. Now that you have had the TT for a while, how do you like it?

8. Crikey

Crikey Member

Erm, yeah . . . How long did it last? :D

I'm gonna try one of those sooner or later.

Crikey

9. Gasp100

Less than 24 hours... seriously...
    Why, because another amp was delivered the following day (cost about 2x as much) and fit the bill just a tad better.
    I would not dis the TT; I remember it being pretty sweet. There was clean into hairy cleans to be had and it could roar no doubt. But that roar was a little raspy for my tastes. I never did drop any pedals in front.
    I think it would be a dream for someone who has say a 1x12 at home for practice, a 2x12 for rehearsal somewhere else and then maybe can borrow big cabs for gigs. It was cool.

10. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

gasp100 ...i still have your ..Gries:BEER

11. evbrad2007

evbrad2007 Member

I've had mine for about 6 months. It came with the Jule amp mod. I was really impressed with the little amp when I tried a stock one out but I must say, with the mod, it has a more substantial (bigger, thicker, more open/note definition) sound to my ears. I can't say I'll keep it forever, but I really don't think the quick turn over some have had with the Tiny Terror is unique to this amp. I've seen countless folks on the TGP turn the highest dollar boutique amps over within days of purchasing them. It's a pretty common phenomenon on TGP from what I've observed. I think you see so many used TTs on the market because there are simply more units being sold to begin with because they are affordable to more people and readily available at retail stores. It is definitely one of the best amp bargains out there. It does what it does soooo well...just wish it was housed in a more traditional Orange head cab:BEER