GAS you got me again...thinking of doing something I never thought i would do...

girded loins

Silver Supporting Member
So I have had my Paul C Tim for about 4 years and swore I would never sell it. I bought it new right before it was discontinued. I like the way it sounds but just wondering if I'd like to try something else.

My chain as it is now is Tuner>Tim>El Cap>OBNE Procession

So what changes am I thinking of making?
Selling or trading the Tim for a Strymon Flint and then Trading or selling the Procession for another drive (Dr. Scientist Elements or RYRA Klone or something along those lines).

Just wondering what you guys would do?

gtrplr71

I would not sell. The Tim is probably going to increase in value. In a world where pedals just drop I think the Tim is a gem.

You will likely regret selling or trading the Tim, and it may not be easily replaced if you want it back. I guess there's talks of an updated Tim coming down the pipe though...

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
Any pedal you have used for 4 years should not be replaced without comparing it's possible replacement to it.
It stinks when you sell a item just to be let down by the new one.

Our ears become very accustomed to certain gear over time, Like most are either single coil, or bucker fans, usually depending on what you cut your teeth on.

FatsoForgotso

Totally agreed. Maybe pick up what you're eyeing and sell the losing dirt pedal.

Would the Timeline add any bells and whistles you just know you'd end up using a lot? I'm basic with my set up so I dial in my pedals to more or less the same sound regardless of the make however I know other people operate opposite that. I thought about that for awhile when I wanted to upgrade my TC Nova but I'm glad I saved myself the hassle and cash because it wouldn't have made a big difference.

Any pedal you have used for 4 years should not be replaced without comparing it's possible replacement to it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom