Gaspedals Carb!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ford, Feb 23, 2008.

1. ford

ford Staff Member Supporting Member

Just got one of these in recently. Tried it at rehearsal last night. It was just going into my Trace Elliot Velocette 1x10... 2xEL84s's.... had it in front of my Keeley TS9 Plus Mod..... what a great pedal! Perfect for the open sounding low to mid gain sounds I like. I had the gain between 10 and 1 most of the time... I had the toggle switched to the right....... just a great uncompressed tone... was great stacked with the keeley ts9 also.

This pedal is going straight to my board.

rock

bford

2. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

The Carb is awesome. Just works so well with EL84 amps...an all time fave here. :AOK

3. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

4. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

With my Vox and my 65 Amps London the Carb is just a Killer. Voiced perfectly for these amps. It's also one of the coolest looking pedals ever made. The graphics are so good I'd have it on my board even if it wasn't plugged in.

5. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

i'll have to try mine into my seymour duncan el 84 combo and see how much better it is than running it through my tremoverb or koch.

6. Dandy13

Dandy13 Member

yes, i've also got love for the carb. I placed it in front of my '69 the other night with some stellar results. usually i run '69>carb. I set the 69 at 2-10-2-2 (0'clock) which yielded a nice overdriven tone and hit the carb-set for a nice full boost-to get a nice heavy od/fuzzy distortion.

7. ford

Yep I'm going to do some experimenting to find out where it should go... I know it will sound great anywhere, just need to see who it likes to interact with the most!

Mine has a pretty lady on it with some playing cards. WOOHOOO!

8. michael dukes

michael dukes Member

Another huge fan of Jayson's work here. Mine is the only overdrive on my live board (it follows a D*A*M 1966). This into a Magic Amplification Brit, which is AC15-ish.

One of those perfect pedals IMHO. The graphics are just icing on the cake...

9. mprvise

mprvise Member

Mine's been on the board since day one. Sounds great with so many amps and stacks so well with other pedals. Gatton Tele > Carb > JRT 9/15 = OH YEAH!

10. Phil M

Phil M Member

I've had mine for almost two years. It's sounded great with everything, Tophat, Allen, Marshall, Rivera ... dirty boost, clean boost ... clean amp, dirty amp.

I loves it.

11. ford

yeah.. I like it so much I want to try one of his dumb bell pedals someday......

hopefully I won't wait as long as I did to try the Carb.

rock

bford

12. mprvise

mprvise Member

Pretty sure you would dig the Dumbbell as well. I have both the Carb and the Dumbbell - two of my favorite pedals.

13. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

The Carb works great with the volume cranked and the gain set low as a stacker/clean boost pedal. It knocked my China Cot off the board into my high gain rig...just to nudge it into insanity. Fantastically versatile pedal...Jay is a genius. :AOK

14. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

its always good when I turn on the Carb with the Goodsell Super17- both dials at about 11 o'clock -
    w/ the Tele or 335 - can ALWAYS depend on it live for many functions.
    Samurai guy graphic great. Beat all contendors for solo boost and remained over 1 1/2 years now of midlife successful band pedal frenzy - BJFs, Cot50, Klon, SCP, Bad Bob, MDEQ, RC booster, Tim/my, comps...
    Good job Jay, looking forward to getting the Dumbbell!

15. Lestercollector

Lestercollector Supporting Member

I place mine right before my Brown Rabbit and the combo of the two with my Mesa F-50 is fantastic! AA++ on the "Rat Fink " graphic as well!