Gator G-Bus8

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mikzimous, Apr 11, 2015.

1. mikzimous

mikzimous Member

hi guys,

i just bought this power supply.. is it possible to use all the 8 outputs plus one of the 18v slots of the power supply all at the same time? i'm sorry if this is a stupid question.. i have 11 pedals btw. your tips are appreciated

thanks!

2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Certainly. Keep in mind, know the mA of what the Gator has available as well as your effects. The Gator does not have isolated taps, it is a glorified daisy chain power supply in a box form factor. Chart your pedals and their mA and just make sure you don't exceed the total mA output of the power unit. Also keep in mind, if you are using digital based effects, you may encounter noise because that taps are not isolated.

3. rschultz13

rschultz13 Supporting Member

I have this, and I run all 11 outlets at the same time. The 3 at 18v on my dirt pedals, and the other 8 at 9v. I called up Gator and they sent me 2 more 18v taps.

Just add up the current for all your pedals and make sure it's less than 1700 mA... which, unless you're running a couple H9's and the Strymon big 3, you are probably fine.

4. rschultz13

Just noticed you said 11 pedals... which ones? Maybe I can help figure out which ones will run at 18v.

5. mikzimous

mikzimous Member

Thanks for the responses guys. :)

@rschultz13: here are the pedals that i have:

diy comp
    TCe polytune
    Dunlop wah
    Lovepedal e6
    AM KoT
    CAE line booster
    Tce ditto looper
    Mxr analog chorus
    Ibanez delay/echo
    Ehx memory man w/ hazarai
    Ehx holy grail nano reverb

If gbus can load these pedals what im thinking is to plug the booster on the 18v slot then 1-2 pedals should be connected to the power supply via splitter..

6. rschultz13

I'm pretty sure the KOT, CAE and and E6 can... you should dig into it yourself to make sure. But I doubt any of the others can handle 18v. Find the manual for those 3 to make sure.

7. mikzimous

mikzimous Member

thanks for the help :) i will look for the manual of the drive pedals first to make sure of the next step.. i am sure for CAE that it can be load 18v for more headroom.. :)