Gauging Interest - Long term group recording project

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by UncleMeat, Jul 26, 2006.

1. UncleMeat

UncleMeat Member

First and foremost... this is nothing happening soon. I'm getting some surgery, busy at work and have school starting soon. Not much time for recording.

BUT! I'm starting to work out some ideas for music. A lot of trip-hop influenced stuff, but fairly poppy guitars and a few other "real" instruments involved. The problem is, I can't sing. Not at all.

So... one idea I've had in my head for quite some time is to record a bunch of songs and find folks online to put their lyrics/voice to it.

I'm not looking for anything specific in a voice. And this has 0.000000001% of any commercial/financial success. If I complete the project and exchange money for CD's, it would only be to recoup the costs of burning/printing (I think that's about $0.90/disc for such low quantities). At any rate, it would be primarily fun and artistic release.

Right now, all I'm trying to do is see if there are people out there interested in participating who would have the means to record (I'm just using ProTools LE, nothing fancy). If folks have a good suggestion of other websites to visit that might help in my journey, by all means let me know.

Again, nothing happening any time soon, but within the next year I'd like to have a ton of stuff done with vocals and put it into a real album.

That's all for now, thanks in advance for any help!

2. covert

covert Member

So, if I understand you, you're looking for lyricists/voclists that can add tracks on top of your ptle sessions. I'd possibly be up for that, and certainly have the gear.

3. UncleMeat

UncleMeat Member

That's exactly what I'm looking for. For the moment, I'm just trying to see if there are people interested. I'll start some far more serious talks when I have tracks finished on my end.

4. covert

covert Member

5. tonefreak

tonefreak Member