GC in Attleboro MA.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by guitars, Feb 12, 2012.

1. guitars

guitars Member

I went there today with a couple buddies and it's a shame what there store has done to their guitars. I Played some real nice guitars today, but most of the necks have major fret sprout . Who has run up against this before.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  2. jamdogg

jamdogg Member

Gc in nashua nh. Probably the worst gc in the union. They should mist the guitars in that shop its sooooo dry this time of year.

3. guitarrhinoceros

guitarrhinoceros Senior Member

I used to frequent the Attleboro GC before I moved to California. Did you see that interesting long-haired fellow with the glasses. He is enormous and probably the best employee there. Vic in accessories is a good guy too. He sold me my first guitar three years ago.

That place has always been a dump. Disgusting. Next to the Christmas Tree Shop, right? It's been years since I've been there. Massachusetts is the funniest state ever.

4. jamdogg

jamdogg Member

CA is the funniest state ever. MA is a close second.

5. guitarrhinoceros

Sorry, that was rude of me to write, and of course would solicit a retaliatory response. There are clear pros and cons to any state in the union. It's all about where you grew up and what you are used to.

6. jamdogg

jamdogg Member

No really - CA is pretty upsidedown by any standard. But it does have a culture of cool, and good weather.

With regard to MA, i couldnt leave quick enough - its like a mini CA without the weather and the hollywood sign. :rotflmao

7. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

Totally off topic, but wow, SOOOOOOO true!!! Well, at least north of the Manson-Nixon line anyway...

8. paranoid70

paranoid70 Member

Now what's with all the California bashing?!

9. jefesq

jefesq Gold Supporting Member

10. G Man

G Man Member

Meh, states are like people, the more you get to know them, the more you realize each one has issues and could easily compete in the most " " state ever awards.

11. partsocaster

partsocaster Member

I will concede that we are the rudest drivers, have the best higher education in the Western hemisphere and likely the best medical care as well but with the amount of taxes I pay, it's definitely not the funniest state.

Well, rotaries are pretty funny, especially with out of state drivers who cannot figure them out.

12. drive-south

drive-south Member

I live in MA and it's not the least bit funny. I'll leave it at that!

13. Don A

Don A Silver Supporting Member

Wow! Way off topic!!!

I don't think they're different than any other GC (I was just in there today) or any other larger music store for that matter. I've had good luck with the staff there, though.

14. guitars

guitars Member

Did you guys see where I'm from? RI... Where pretty much at the top of the food chain in worst's.LOL All kidding aside I was shocked at the condition of the guitars. As for the guy with the long hair and glasses...Yea I've talked with he's cool.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  15. cosmic_ape

cosmic_ape Supporting Member

I bought a used guitar over the phone from that store, shipped to California of all places! I had no issues...

16. jamdogg

jamdogg Member

cmon now...smithfield is pretty nice.

17. guitarrhinoceros

Best health care? Not even. Not close. You have a universal package, but there isn't anything great about it. The state government makes you get health care if your employer doesn't offer it. Yet, the state health care they offer isn't really health care -- it is emergency health coverage to protect emergency rooms. I found that out the hard way. I went to school in MA, then moved back to CA. I love MA and love NE for that matter. I wouldn't characterize their health care system as being great. Unless you are dirt poor, then you can get great Medicare coverage that is more state funded than in other states. I'll give you that.

18. guitarrhinoceros

My wife's dad live over in North Smithfield actually. Off of 146. Small world. I miss driving in NE. You can get to so many states in such a short drive.

19. guitars

guitars Member

It's a real nice place in amenities but the way things are run is the problem. One political party has run the state for ever, so we have high tax's which gives us crappy road's and everything is falling apart. Yes and rude drivers too.

Sorry guys I'm new here and I didn't know this thread was gonna take a turn here. this thread should be some where else on the forum.

20. guitars

guitars Member

I have relatives in Cali so it's even.

When I was in the Marine corp I did some time at 29 Palms so I've been to Palm Springs. Nice place. I also was at the mountain ware fare center in Bridge port California. The sites up there are breath taking. I've never saw anything like it in person.