GCX wasted connectors

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by waxnsteel, Oct 24, 2005.

1. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

Any of you guys just using yours to switch pedals in and out of the loops? I do, and it kinda drives me nuts knowing I have like 12 extra connectors taking say loop 1 out to loop 2 in and so on. Is there a way to get those connected internally? Is there a unit that does this rather than making a bunch of extra tiny interconnects. That's like $50 in connecters that could be hardwire bypassed. There's not something I'm missing in the manual, is there? Like an "Internal Bypass" selector type thing? Just ranting, but if anyone else feels my pain, or felt it and fixed it, let me know what you did. Thanks.

2. Shane Regal

Shane Regal Member

Yeah, I feel your pain. I had 2 gcxs in my rack running a two head stereo setup. I had no idea it would take about 50 cables to wire it up... and half of those were just connecting the loops. It sure would be nice if someone offered a gcx switcher like you said, with the loops connected internally.

3. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

4. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

Any word on what to expect from Axess coming soon since the RX 1 is discontinued? I read in the manual that if nothing was plugged into the out/in jacks, the signal was connected internally. BASTARDS!!!

5. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

All you have to do is open it up and solder jumpers from jack to jack. Many people do that.
    Another option is to use 2 inch George L's....That's what I did...
    You can only see one or two in this pic....
    [​IMG]
    Steve

6. psykobzi

psykobzi Member

Hey I have a GCX and gonna sell it in few weeks. Mine has been mod by a real meticulous professional tech that build his own 3 channels head. He already "internally link" the 4th first loops and let the 4 last stock. I asked it because I was to get Lesly that would used the output and some other thing like that. I play with it since 2 years and its a great job. Its more free behind rack,etc. Less trouble sources.

7. NyteOwl

NyteOwl Member

I did the same thing Steve did, though I made my jumpers with right angle plugs.

8. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

Same here, right angles, and thanks Steve for the photo, and all, but that's what I already had going on. I'm thinking about opening it up and jumpering the first 5 or 6 channels. Someone had mentioned that over at hugeracks. They're all OD/dirt style pedals. My last few are chorus, phaser, flanger which I'm taking out of the rack anyway. Probably use em for amp switching or something, and use the left-over connectors for something else. That's like nine or ten frickin cables!!!

9. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

360 systems used to make a midi controlled switcher where you could route any input to any output, so no wasted connectors. It was 16X16, built for radio work so pretty clean sounding...

10. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

It's a very simple mod.
    You should have no problem doing it.
    Steve