GDS Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Structo, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Structo

Structo Member

2. HCStraub

HCStraub Member

I worked on one for a local musician. He purchased it already assembled, so I am not 100% positive that it had all GDS stock parts in it. That being said, it was a nice amplifier with quality parts. The fit/finish and parts quality was good.

3. ToneSter

ToneSter Silver Supporting Member

30 miles s/w to the exact center of California
    GDS amps +1 get the Heyboer Transformers.
    He has been doing this for a long time, I've purchased a few sets of Heyboer Transformers from him and there still working great.

4. ked

ked Supporting Member

There aren't any cons to GDS kits. Graydon is a great guy who puts together quality kits and stands behind them. The transfomers are made by Heyboer and the OT is wound to original specs, very important part of getting the 18 watt sound. You won't go wrong getting one of his kits. I understand that his assembly guide is among the best.

Ken

5. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

I attended Graydon's one-day amp building seminar and built my #1 amp- a GDS 1974x combo in a 2x12 combo. Graydon's parts are superior to the stock 1974x from Marshall and his support is top-notch. It is such a fantastic amp and I love it every time I play it. There are no 'cons' whatsoever. As far as 18 watts go, you cannot go wrong with GDS.

6. cheesey

cheesey Member

[​IMG]

a GDS built by Graydon that i bought from George H and traded to
    Tim H in part for his Shiva.
    awesome little amp, I had nos tesla el 84's , nos brimar in v1 and nos rft's in v2,v3.
    I wonder who has it now?