1. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Picked up a set of these GE 6L6. Date code 59-17. Pic isnt the best. Is this a decent 6l6 tube? Thanks Bob[​IMG]

2. Reeek

Reeek Member

They're awesome tubes. Stock on many of the best Fenders of yesteryear. I have a used but tested new matched pair waiting for my Bassman head to be fixed up. Good snag. Matched and new, they can go for anywhere between $150 and $200+

3. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

Nice score. They look like RCA's to me. The glass shape and the double d side getters are not GE made. Im almost 100% sure they are Re-Branded RCA's. Anyways great tubes.

4. Reeek

Reeek Member

The etched dots are typically a GE give away. Still great tubes.

5. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Well they would be a score if they were new I guess. Im not sure way I even bothered buying used power tubes. I guess I just wanted to see old glass fired up in my amp! lol! Picked up a quad for 30$ plus shipping so its no great loss(unless they short and fry my amp!). I realize it means little but they "tested good" on my emmisions tester. So I threw them in my JSX and fired it up. Has good bass response and more midrange I think than the Sovtek 5881's that were in there.Had to turn down the mids from my usual settings. I guess I'll probably pull them back out but they sure look nice lighting up the backdrop!

6. Reeek

Reeek Member

Buying ANOS from a reputable dealer is actually a great bargain, IMHO of course :)