GE Smith with a pissed Roger Waters as a guest

3 Mile Stone

I hate the Hitler argument. Almost as much as I hate Hitler. It's almost never an actual apples to apples analogy. Your use is no exception.

terrapin

I hate the Hitler argument. Almost as much as I hate Hitler. It's almost never an actual apples to apples analogy. Your use is no exception.
And what about Water's comparison of Israel to Hitler's Nazi Germany........does that work for you? Bottom line, Free Speech is not, and should not be an absolute!

StuRdesign

Well I guess the moderator warning went right over some folks heads.

I was on a forum just the other day where they were lauding people's rights to free speech etc and that all opinions had to be respected, men had died etc etc. I could have sworn that it was this forum but hey ho :dunno

terrapin

that trick dates back to the 60's I believe, the Garnet Herzog is based on that principle if I'm not mistaken.
Can you explain how this works? How can you pull a signal from the "host" amp without that signal involving both the preamp and the power section of the "host" amp? If you wanted to just pull a signal from the "host" preamp wouldn't you have to tap in before the Phase Inverter? Or, do I have this thing TOTALLY wrong?

drewl

Well, things went to hell pretty quick there.

Anyway, I used to run my 50w plexi into tube power amps way back before the webz...instant brown sound, before I knew what brown sound was.

imguitardan

I was just at his 'Masters Of The Telecaster' gig at Levon Helm's barn this past weekend. He likes to use smaller amps to drive bigger ones (in this case it was a '65 Princeton Reverb with a line out in the back running to a '60 brownface Concert). He uses the smaller amp's preamp for gain and makes it louder with the bigger amp. No pedals.
Can this be done even if the small amp doesn't have a line out?

Sorry for the hi-jack.

erksin

Can this be done even if the small amp doesn't have a line out?

Sorry for the hi-jack.
Depends on the amp. My old 1963 Gibson Falcons have a line out right on their front panels and I do this on occasion. I know on old some tweeds that the 2nd input jack can bridge out to a second amp as well. The way GE described it, it seemed like it was a super easy mod using the 2nd speaker out that he did himself - but I'm no tech.

doublee

I watched that dang thing and dint see him pissed of at all, what did I miss if indeed, anything?

sixty2strat

well he was drunk I did notice that, is that what this thread is about? A drunk guy gets up to play a song or two? :huh

ok edit, pissed=drunk got it....................

Check out Jaco lets Jimmy Page sit in. It was early mid 80's both full of substances. More Noodles than a Pho place, Jaco was seemed very excited.

Trending Topics