GE200 Serious bug firmware V1.2.2

Henky

This is bad news... WTF did they do?

Calling all GE-200 owners. We have an urgent and unfortunate announcement to make.
We have found a serious bug within our recent release of firmware V1.2.2
This bug could potentially cause hardware failure if used for a long period of time.

To avoid damage to your GE-200….
If you have already upgraded to V1.2.2 then please download the previous firmware V1.2.0 or V1.2.1 and downgrade your machine as soon as possible.
http://www.mooeraudio.com/?FirmwareUpdate.html

If you have not updated the firmware, DO NOT attempt to update to V1.2.2
We have removed V1.2.2 from our website and are working to repair the issue for re-release.

Apologies and best regards
Thanks

MOOER SUPPORT TEAM

ChrisVereb

Thanks for the heads up, Henky. Probably good to make that a sticky for a bit.

Sounds like they maybe found the GE200's HCF opcode :)

ljholland

Silver Supporting Member
Sheesh.

This is exactly the issue I've called out on the GE300 thread.

It would be nice to know if this downgrade will blow away your presets.

ljholland

Silver Supporting Member
Is this official as I can't see anything on their webpage yet?
Who the heck knows. The company has no ecosystem to allow users to sign up for notifications. This is exactly what I was talking about in the GE300 thread.

What's sad is that this is not hard stuff to fix for a company that serious about doing business. I think the real issue is that Mooer is a manufacturer that is comfortable building hardware but has no clue about product support. They could fix this but my guess is they are oblivious about how.

My recommendation is that TGPers should hold on any purchases from Mooer until the company gets their act together.

ljholland

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, i just downgraded, all your presets will blow away
Dang. I only have a handful of presets that I care about. I guess I could just do some screen shots of the settings since import/export is broken on the mac.

valdiorn

Wow this is ****ed. I don't see a lot of GE300 sales in the near future, even from the die hard Mooer fans on the Facebook group.

I'm leaving my updated unit turned off until they have a roll-forward fix.

This is bad news... WTF did they do?

Calling all GE-200 owners. We have an urgent and unfortunate announcement to make.
We have found a serious bug within our recent release of firmware V1.2.2
This bug could potentially cause hardware failure if used for a long period of time.

To avoid damage to your GE-200….
If you have already upgraded to V1.2.2 then please download the previous firmware V1.2.0 or V1.2.1 and downgrade your machine as soon as possible.
http://www.mooeraudio.com/?FirmwareUpdate.html

If you have not updated the firmware, DO NOT attempt to update to V1.2.2
We have removed V1.2.2 from our website and are working to repair the issue for re-release.

Apologies and best regards
Thanks

MOOER SUPPORT TEAM

6Tones

Just checked have the 1.20 version whew because losing all your patches sucks . This doesn't instill confidence buy any Mooer product ever again unless they resolve this issue with out delay ,no pun intended.

Trending Topics