Gear Les Dudek

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Strat58, May 23, 2008.

1. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi I am listening to some of his LP's :) and was wodering what he uses for guitars and amp's and efects, sometimes he sounds like Duana Allman.
    So I think he use a Les Paul but there it stop's, he had great sound.
    Peace Strat58

2. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

No les paul anytime I have ever seen or heard him...early seventies black strat with kahler...Extremely f'ing loud for no reason and uses either twins or rivera's...Nice enough guy but seems jaded over the years and feels like he should be in arena's...I do think that he still pulls more tail than any other musician I have ever seen...Les is cool I just wish he would turn it down some...

3. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

The covers of his first couple of albums showed him playing a '52 or '54 Goldtop LP, but I suspect he doesn't take it out on the road if he even still has it.

4. edgewound

edgewound Gold Supporting Member

Back in 1982/83...I played at a dive bar in Granada Hills,CA called the Antique Mirror. If you knew the place, you know what I mean.

But...The cats that used to hang out there...Tim Bogert was a regular and he had a house band there on Sundays/Mondays... brought in guys that would play with us...Sly Stone, Mark Campbell, Greg Erico, Paul Kingery

Les Dudek played my Les Paul Custom through my Marshall JMP combo...damn, my rig never sounded so good.

Ahhh the memories

5. John H

John H Silver Supporting Member

When I saw him with Boz Scaggs, way back when, I'm pretty sure he played a goldtop Les Paul. He had enough of a similarity to Duane to be a bit spooky, but he was definitely his own man. Great player!