1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

gear page brothers need your help asap picking a fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by FloatingInSpace, May 23, 2011.

1. FloatingInSpace

FloatingInSpace Member

i have been checking out various muff clones and tones. looking at either the manx loaghtan by catalinbread or a black arts pharaoh. down to these two, indecisive at this point. your picks help! please, no other pedals mentioned. i have been debating this from several pedals and narrowed it down to these two for my own reasons. trying to get this pedal before saturday so i need to order today to play it safe. thanks in advance.

2. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

Based on sheer versatility, I think you'd be better off with the Pharoah fuzz. I haven't heard nearly as much about the CB fuzz, but the Pharaoh seems to have a decently broad tonal range, and you can have the Ge option, which adds more possibilities... I have not tried either, but with the praise that the Pharaoh is getting, it's hard not to believe the 99% who love the pedal. I've been listening to clips and videos, and the Pharaoh is in my future as well. Good luck with your decision!

3. small axe

small axe Member

go with the pharaoh....it will make you happy....hurry and good luck

4. musica23

musica23 Supporting Member

I can't say anything about the CB (I wanted to buy it but my purchase was denied by my hubby...:argue...yeah, I'm a GP sister.) But as far as the Pharaoh goes, I really, really love it. I've got the Ge option (for $10 more, it's well worth it) and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I find it very inspirational (I played for a very long time when I first received it). :love:

5. FloatingInSpace

FloatingInSpace Member

thanks gang. i went with Pharaoh. i am kind of a fuzz nut and i currently don't have an OD on my board and the versatility of the pharaoh is pretty sweet. MUSICA, it figures! being the liberal open-minded new york brooklynite i am, i balked at the "brothers" heading but was like "meh" at the last second "what are the odds a woman would respond".... lesson learned! thanks again everyone for the push in the right direction

6. musica23

musica23 Supporting Member

Hahaha! Gotcha! :cool: Congrats on your decision, and I hope you love the Pharaoh even half as much as I do!

7. triviani

triviani Silver Supporting Member

Yap, CB could put demos of their new pedals when they release them, not to just wait for GAS to be the main buying reason.

8. blaster

blaster Member

I love my Pharaoh, and I have a friend of mine who is trying mine out, and going to order one too.

Killer pedal