Gear you've puchased multiple times...

gtrshow

Having just taken delivery of a Heritage Victory for the second time, it's occurred to me how much gear I've revisited in my G.A.S. fueled (and seemingly never-ending) quest for tonal nirvana. I've omitted guitars as I'm sure many here have also been through several Strats/Teles/LP's in search of "THE" one. Ditto for Tubescreamer variants, which would easily top the list if included. Anyway, off the top of my head...

Fender DRRI (bought and sold twice)
Mayfly BC-15 head (bought twice - the exact same amp!)
Carr Hammerhead MKII head (bought and sold twice)
Heritage Victory head (bought twice)

EHX Deluxe Memory Man (bought twice)
Barber Tone Press (bought and sold twice)
PCE Lady Stardust (bought and sold twice)
Skreddy Screw Driver (bought and sold twice)
Catalinbread Silver Kiss (bought twice)
Radial BigShot A/B/Y (bought twice)
Radial Headbone (bought twice)

Funny thing is, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or re-purchase any of the above.

Last edited:

Sean French

Two-Rock K&M Custom twice.Never letting it go again.
Two-Rock Ruby.One 18 watt and one 35 watt.
JCM 800 three times and a couple of 5E3'.
Many Les Paul's and Tele's.

claudel

Silver Supporting Member
I went back & forth with tube Echoplexes for 30 years till I got Fractalized.

Get one, clean it & fix it, source new tapes, play it, love it, get sick of the hiss, noise & maintenance, sell it, miss it, get another one.

Broke the cycle for now, though.

bitsandvolts

Im on my second Carvin Legacy and second EBMM axis. I sold both the first time because I needed a rig and guitar that could cover a wide range of sounds for the cover gig I was playing back in 2003-2006.

So I went to strats and modelling gear....

Finally sold most of that stuff and I'm returning to what I considered was *my* sound...which was an axis plugged straight into a legacy.

Tahitijack

I purchased a Fender Blues Jr., then fell in love with the retro look and sound of a Crate V-15, then fell out of love with the Crate and purchased the Fender Blues Jr.......again....and its still here.....

big mike

Platinum Supporting Member
Strats....I'll never learn.
I'm gladly strat free again (for the moment I'm sure.)

scottlr

For me I guess it's been Rickenbackers. I love the way they look, and I am sucker for them, but once I get one, I am never happy with it. It's now been about 7 years, and I still drool over pics I see of them. I am 100% sure I have not bought my last Ric.

Mike Dresch

Silver Supporting Member
Only things I've ever purchased multiple times (other than strings, picks, etc) is the following:

ADA Mp1 preamp - saw one on the cheap at a pawn shop, fixed it up, remembered why I moved on the first time around.

Boss DD-3 pedal. Good, reliable delay on the cheap when I need such a thing. Sold it again though.

BBE Sonic Maximizer. First time around (in the late 80's) it was to go with the ADA. This time around, I use it in my studio to fatten up kick tracks, etc (which it excels at BTW). Will never use one as part of a guitar rig again though.

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
EBS multicomp, Fulltone Deja-Vibe, Diaz Texas Squareface. Just to name a few. Sold the EBS compressor for the Analogman Comprosser, and it just couldn't hold a candle to the EBS (for me).

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Guilds.

I've owned three S300A-Ds
I've owneed two Starfire IVs
I've owned two X170s

I've also had three zendrives and three TS808s.

I think I might be an idiot...

GAD

Blueser

Gold Supporting Member
Carr Rambler three different times
Bruno UG30 twice
Komet 60 three times
Axe FX twice
THD 2x12 cabinet four times!

:facepalm

:messedup

Celticdave

Seeker
Platinum Supporting Member
Strats....I'll never learn.
I'm gladly strat free again (for the moment I'm sure.)
Same here. I try and try and try and try but I guess I just haven't found that "one" that keeps my interest long enough to justify keeping them.

Ultrasound DS4 - bought one for smaller shows, needed something bigger so I sold it on here, then realized I missed having it for the small shows...haha...and bought another one!

I'm sure there are several others...

gixxerrock

My good stuff I keep forever, but I keep drinking the Kool-Aid that modeling promises then sell it 6 months later.

Pod->AX2->Boss Gt-8->Vibro ChampXD->Cube60.

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
Holland amps .. I love their cleans, but they are way to loud for me .. then I sell them, miss them, buy them again, love their cleans but they are way to loud for me ...

Trending Topics