Gear you've puchased multiple times...

forgivenman

Silver Supporting Member
I bought the same Les Paul Classic twice (and then sold it again like an idiot) and owned two Mesa Mark III's (the greenstripe is the best IMO).

Motorhed

So far nothing but I'll probably end up with a tele this summer. While the one I had isn't the ideal one I'd want now, I wish I didn't sell it so it still counts for this thread.

KRosser

There's been things I've purchased a second time when I've doubted myself in an earlier dismissal of something, but never a third time if I reject it the second.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
PRS CU22 Soapbar. Bought and sold 4 times. But I'm through with them. I swear. :D

-Austin

m@2

i've purchased several pedals twice

klon, '69, big muff (3X!), ts808, and tim

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I'm currently on my 6th Strat... plus I'm considering buying back #5. I sold it to my brother about 5 years ago and he now wants to sell it. Does that count as #7??? LOL

sixty2strat

Bought 3 jmp 1987 head, 4 tape echos, bought and 5 les pauls...only sold 2 lp's and one tape echo I just keep buying because the stuff i old and I need backups and nothing new has really nailed it for me

My first Mesa MarkIV... I dunno... I just didn't bond with it.

My second.. years later.... and I couldn't imagine selling THAT one.

Guitar Dave T

Owned two Fender Blues Jr's, three Blues Deluxes and five original blackface Super Reverbs. I love repeating elements of success.

Teleman

Silver Supporting Member
Thank you guys! I thought I was the only insane one who bought back stuff that he had sold.

For me it has been strats. I don't know but something in my brain tells me I should own one. I buy one, play it for a while and sell it again. Only to repeat the process now up to 6 times.
The other one was Fender Deluxe reverbs. I remember the good tone, light weight part of the DR but seem to forget the flabby low end that drives me nuts! I've been through 4 of them.

gtrshow

I purposely left guitars out of my original post but, since you guys have been including them...

Strats (bought six times - including two CS's - still have one, a G&L Legacy)

Teles (bought four times - still have three)

LP's (bought twice - still have one that I'll probably sell and no doubt replace with another someday)

Hamers (bought and sold twice - different models but both w/ P-90's - great guitars!)

Gretsch Electromatic semi-hollows (bought and sold twice - will probably own another of these too...)

Last edited:

Scott Auld

Administrator
Staff member
If you count devices with that same basic screamer circuit, then I'm very guilty :(

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Marshall JMP 100 watter (2x same one), Marshall JCM 900 (3x), Marshall JCM 800 (4x), Fender Pro Reverb (2x), Fender Vibroverb RI (2x), Budda SD30 (2x), Bogner Shiva (2x), Tophat Emplex (I'm keeping my current one), Fender Strat (50x+), G&L Legacy (10x), Gibson LP (10x), Vintage 30's (I keep coming back to these for some reason ;)), lots of other stuff...

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!!

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
Haven't done the second purchase yet but I sold a Blues Jr. funding a guitar that I knew before advertised that I would be replacing it down the road.

The only other thing is the Fender Reverb tank.

After returning it for a second time that's when I learned about the mods.
Probably would have stuck with it if I had known about them before hand.

Had V Twins twice, first for a month and then for a few years.

My R8 I bought twice.
Returned it after two weeks and then it haunted me so I went back and bought it again....that was embarrasing.
Had it for 7 years now.

Last edited:

troykennedy

I pretty much stopped buying guitars after I got my Suhr Pro. 9 times out of 10 it gets the job done. I keep trying other guitars, but wind up going back to the Suhr.

troykennedy

I still have three TS types (not including the M13) after going through like 10 of them. I just can't bear to give up the vintage TS9, Black E and old Fulldrive 2 even though I have beefs with all of them.

Trending Topics