Geekscreamer review and pics

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HeeHaw, Jan 31, 2008.

1. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

A really good friend of mine let me try his pedalboard one afternoon and I was quickly smitten by a green pedal on it. Now I don't usually write any kind of review on a pedal, as I go through them pretty quickly. However, I have found a keeper among the heaps of OD pedals I've owned. It is called a Geekscreamer and it was everyting I had hoped for and more! Read on after the pics!
    [​IMG]

This is for pedal size comparison
    [​IMG]

I run the Geekscreamer into a 50 watt NMV Reinhardt amp base loosely on a 70's metal face panel Marshall. My main guitar is a strat and this pedal mates with it perfectly. It can do everything from a mild breakup to a full on grinding rock. In a band setting it really cuts nicely. The toggle switch on the left is a bass booster. This comes in handy for adding a little meat to a strat or other thinner sounding bridge pickup. With an LP I'd leave it off.

The sound quality is anything but dull and boxy. It seems to have a little more presence, gliss and over all 3D sound compared to many of the TS clones and some of the popular modded TS9 unit's I've owned. It is a cutting pedal that will easily put you out front in the mix. If you are looking for a pedal that mimmicks a compressed and polite amp then you need to look elswhere.

I called Jeff (GeekMacdaddy) just before NAMM and ordered the pedal. True to his word, just after namm he sent it to me. His friend and associate (the other Jeff) called to see if the pedal arrived safely and if I was satisfied with it's sound. Like I said at the outset of this thread, the Geekscreamer was all I hoped for and more. I absolutely love it!

Thanks Jeff!

2. GeekMacdaddy

GeekMacdaddy Member

You are most welcome! Thanks for the wonderful review!

3. ford

ford Supporting Member

That's a cool looking pedal. I'd like to try one. Of course I want to try everything, like most of us here.

rock

bford

4. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Silver Supporting Member

I've heard NOTHING BUT good things about Geeks pedals, and he is a great guy to deal with. Great guy!

5. amphead777

amphead777 Member

The treble booster looks interesting. Anything unusual with this model. Boldly priced, and may be worth it???

6. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

Sadly the wife cut me off.:D No more pedals untill after the tax return.:jo

Then I'll be snagging on of Jeff's Geekrangers.:drool:D

7. goneracin

goneracin Member

Im with you Rich. I love my geekscreamer, its a killer pedal, and Im itching to try out the ranger as well. If its anything like the screamer, it will be top shelf.

8. shecfr

shecfr Supporting Member

Geek-Sreamer-I have owned mine for little over a month....really digging this one!

9. blood5150

blood5150 Member

10. allynmey

allynmey Member

I absolutely love my Geekscreamer and a few others Jeff made for me:AOK

11. s.r.v.

s.r.v. Member

geekmacdaddy (jeff aparently?) is a great guy. helped me many a time over at BYOC