• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gene Baker & b3 leaving PBG

bikeracr

Silver Supporting Member
It looks like Gene Baker & his b3 line are separating from PBG. A post on b3's facebook stated that the b3 brand & a couple of the other personnel will be leaving. Wish Gene & crew all the best.

John Hurtt

Gold Supporting Member
It looks like Gene Baker & his b3 line are separating from PBG. A post on b3's facebook stated that the b3 brand & a couple of the other personnel will be leaving. Wish Gene & crew all the best.
This is interesting, as Gene oversees and builds most (maybe all?) of the PBG guitars in his shop. Does that mean that he is setting up somewhere else? Or...? Best of luck to both Gene and to PBG.

Holliman

Triad Abuser
Seems like Fleming is plenty capable of handling the PBG builds. Good luck to both guys! I've never played a PBG guitar, but they all look very quality.

Arc Angel

That's a very interesting development. All the best to GB and B3.

Big surprise when Chris Fleming left FCS May. Loved his work.

Last edited:

trap

Gold Supporting Member
So the non competition period is over for Gene and Bill huh?

Reactions: Rod

mslugano

Silver Supporting Member
And Saul just changed his Facebook name from "Koll for PBG" to "Koll Guitar Company".

Wouldn't be surprised if PBG is going through a shake-up or being dismantled but I could be reading too much into it.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
^^^ definitely a shake up. I doubt business if very good in Europe, Japan, and Russia. When those economies were good I think that PBG was prospering. That's why we have new Two Rock 50 watt amps costing $1995 and not $5500. Kind of counter to the Two Rock brand IMO.

killerburst

killerburstguitars.com
Silver Supporting Member
PBG's former sales rep just sent out an email introducing himself as the new Bad Cat sales manager. Brian Swerdferger is now the president of PBG. The dealer login site now only has pricing for Fano, Two Rock and Tone King. Big changes, indeed. Maybe Avalanche has sent them a letter of intent.
:banana

Arc Angel

PBG's former sales rep just sent out an email introducing himself as the new Bad Cat sales manager. Brian Swerdferger is now the president of PBG. The dealer login site now only has pricing for Fano, Two Rock and Tone King. Big changes, indeed. Maybe Avalanche has sent them a letter of intent.
:banana
What's Dennis Fano's status with PBG? Still involved or has he left as well. He's starting NOVO Guitars now I believe.

Last edited:

killerburst

killerburstguitars.com
Silver Supporting Member
I'm hearing all the guitars are now going to be built by another builder in another factory. A name everybody here knows.

Last edited:

John C

Gold Supporting Member
And Saul just changed his Facebook name from "Koll for PBG" to "Koll Guitar Company".

Wouldn't be surprised if PBG is going through a shake-up or being dismantled but I could be reading too much into it.
Saul posted this down in the builders/manufactures section earlier today:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/koll-guitar-company-news.1591373/#post-20195073

It was always my understanding that PBG had ownership deals with Gene and Dennis Fano on the guitar side, plus Two Rock and Tone King on the amp side. It sounds like the guitar side is unwinding, and Saul took the opportunity to leave his association with PBG as well. The amp side might just be a leadership changeover and they continue with the items that have been built since becoming part of PBG - are others from Two Rock staying on, or are they also leaving (like Gene taking some of the B3 folks with him)?

So the non competition period is over for Gene and Bill huh?
Usually non-competes start when you leave a company. Unless both Gene and Bill were already in the "stay on as consultants during the non-compete period" mode for the last few years - much like Leo Fender's deal with CBS (although he only stayed on as a "consultant" for 5 of the 10-year non-compete).

I'm hearing all the guitars are now going to be built by another builder in another factory. A name everybody here knows.
It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds, particularly with Chris Fleming landing there after leaving Fender.

Last edited:

trap

Gold Supporting Member
Movement at Suhr, movement at PBG, I can't handle all this change!!! Don't tell me Tyler sold out to Halliburton!!!!

Reactions: Rod

Trending Topics