General Opinion on Schecter Diamond Series (not for metal)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rjs6700, Sep 9, 2008.

1. rjs6700

rjs6700 Member

Looking for something different, I'm getting tired of everyone always showing up with a Strat or LP. On the other hand, I don't have $2500 for the PRS I like.

So, I turn to the forum for opinions on Schecter Diamond Series. Are they gig worthy, or do you laugh to yourself when you see one?

I think they older hollow body ones I've seen look sweet.

(I've searched and already read some of the previous threads)

2. Papajuice

Papajuice Silver Supporting Member

Want something different Try a Gretsch, Jets and 6120 fit that different mode.

3. JakeELee

JakeELee Member

I pulled out one that I bought on impulse about a year ago the other day. I always thought it was a very solid guitar for the money, and continue to think so. It actually plays better than I remembered. I would think that most would think these are gig worthy if they've played one. Even the stock pickups aren't horrible. Having said that, be sure you play some and want one before you buy it. The resale value is absolutely in the toliet right now...which may mean you will be able to find one used at a great price.

4. DamianL

DamianL Member

I for one, like the Schecters....just pull the pickups (and perhaps pots) and add your own flavour....is what i would do.

There's a vast variety of diamonds though...depends what type you're looking at

Damian.

5. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

A 6120 is gonna cost him $2500 also.

Personally when it comes to cheap guitars I like Ibanez. Their hollow body line is actually damn good for the money.

6. Papajuice

Papajuice Silver Supporting Member

Used are whole lot cheaper and your right the AD80 series are really great for the price.

As far schecter they are some good models played a few of the C1 and they were nice but prefered something more down the Music man side.

7. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

I bought a "made for guitar center" Schecter Hot Rod '39 a couple of years ago that were being blown out. There were four or five in stock. Picked up each one and found one that felt way better than the rest. It was a super guitar for the money, but I concluded rightly or wrongly that more than others these need to be tried before bought based on the differences in the samples of the same model I tried.

8. soulohio

soulohio Member

i saw a guy play a C1 Classic last nite with that gaudy vine of life inlay...we actually got into a big discussion on the axe...he said it was a very good, gig worthy guitar stock and he had to play next to 2nd guitarman with a PRS with two humbuckers and a 5 way rotary switch all nite...his cost new was about $300 bucks as he got the axe at dealer cost.

9. jrm

jrm Member

Schecters are good guitars for the dough. I've never been let down by mine and it plays great!

10. mike80

mike80 Member

I love my Schecter C1 Classic...even with the vine of life inlay. Never been let down by it. My other guitarist just got a C1 Exotic Star, and it's a solid guitar too.

11. Phil M

Phil M Member

Those Schecter Blackjacks are nice guitars in the $300 used area. Not too gaudy looking. I'm not a fan of the other Diamond Series though.

12. 5E3

5E3 Member

I had one of these Schecter Diamond Series Corsair:
    [​IMG]

VERY nice 335 copy. Excellent fit/finish!

If I had ordered the model without the Bigsby I would still own it. I sent it back because it went out of tune every time I pressed the Bigsby. I know I could have messed with it to try and correct, but I had a 45 day return and sent it back.

13. hour9

hour9 Member

I had a C1-Classic and it was a great guitar. The pots ended up crapping out so I had to swap them but the guitar played and sounded great.

Bottom Line - If it sounds good to you who cares what others think. If you like it go for it. They are good sounding and playing guitars for the money.