General praise for the Subdecay Echobox

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wundergussy, May 8, 2016.

1. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

I've now owned four of them (all V1). I keep thinking there is "something better" out there, but I've come to realize: no. There isn't. It's what I want the DMM to sound like; what I want the MLjr to sound like; what I want the Skreddy to sound like. Etc., etc. I got this last one for $110 and it's highway robbery for a pedal that just simply is perfect.

Do I wish it had tap tempo? Maybe. I dunno. I think many times we throw away the "right" sound in favor of the "right" attributes. I hope I keep this one.

2. goodhonk

goodhonk Member

It's a great pedal. Looking forward to the new one.

3. Sociophile

Sociophile "Ignore" Button Aficionado Silver Supporting Member

Got mine for $85, and it's probably the best value, dollar-for-dollar, of anything in my collection. I got a DE-7 for $50, but that's the only real contender.

The EchoBox is a classic. It's on my best board next to about $2,000 in boutique pedals.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    ThinPaperWings likes this.
  4. Serenity

Serenity Member

Haven't had mine long, but i don't see it going anywhere. The modulation is very impressive.

5. Beto

Beto Supporting Member

I'll chime in to talk about this pedal builder. I've just received a V.1 Starlight flanger and can't stop dialing it for different sounds. When the opportunity comes, I'm going to get the DLX version. Coincidently, yesterday I watched the Prometeus demo and GAS hit me hard on this one too.

6. cj_wattage

cj_wattage Vendor

Definitely one of the best delays available. And very innovative. It's not just another "hey, let's copy the Rebote DIY circuit and call it new" that so many companies foist on the market. Subdecay is a class act all around.

wundergussy likes this.
  7. Haunting Mids

Haunting Mids Member

Where did you get those for so cheap ?

8. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

I made an offer on Reverb. I have also snagged them in the past off the emporium for around that. It's not a flavor of the week, so people lose their shirts on them. I can't judge: I've obviously sold them in the past, but I think I was trying to use them as a main analog-style slap-back for some reason. It excells at ambiance, and now I use an actual short analog delay always on and the EB for an effect. It sounds gorgeous when you let it stretch out.