Genesis Fans! I interviewed Steve Hackett!

LocustXReign

I was fortunate enough to snag an audience with Mr. Steve Hackett last week as preview press for his Fort Lauderdale date performing the Genesis Revisited material.

Let me just say that Steve was an absolutely wonderful interviewee. Beyond giving thoughtful responses, he presented them with the perfect tempo and volume for transcription; it was like having Steve Hackett read me an E-book on himself. A most rewarding experience for a fan turned journo such as myself.

Here are the links. We split it into two so we could milk the analytics and post on two days instead of one (blog politics are obnoxious).

Hope you guys enjoy it!

PART I
PART II

sinner

Loved it, thank you! I saw every one of the Los Angeles area Genesis shows, so count me a big fan!

sinner

Thanks ya'll!

How were the gigs? I have my own gig tonight and I'm going to miss it :-(
Life changing for me. Seeing early Genesis live was like going to church, a spiritual as well as musical event. I was also fortunate enough to get to meet the band backstage at the Roxy. It was Christmastime and they did 2 shows a night for 4 nights straight. I handed them each a Christmas present all wrapped up, then got to join Gill Gabriel upstairs for the second set. Her comments as the guys played were a glorious addition to the night.

wajobu

A really nice and thoughtful interview. I've know Steve for many years and he is one of the most accessible and genuine guys in addition to being and incredible talent...and he will continue to make music.

Thanks.

Steve's contribution just doesn't get enough attention. I was still a very happy camper even as Peter left. Great shows. Once Steve left, the bloom was off the rose - there's just no other way around it.

Trending Topics