Genz Benz Bass Gear, Opinions?

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by GM1, Jun 28, 2008.

1. GM1

GM1 Member

Played through a Genz Benz amp and cab set up and was impressed. Don't know much about Genz Benz, interested in any opinions. It was the Shuttle Series 600 watt with a 1x12 cab....

2. the(sims)

the(sims) Member

They make awesome stuff. I have a NEO 1x12" cab that kills. I've heard nothing but awesome things about the Shuttle series. Haven't heard one yet, but saw one in a store and was blown away by the size. I consider GB's stuff as boutique products these days.

3. mainsale

mainsale Member

From experience, they make wonderful and tonefull bass equipment. Probably some of the best available anywhere. Buy with confidence as their product support is superior as well. I currently own a Shuttle 6.0, a pair of NeoX 212T's and a 410XB.

4. PeeWee

PeeWee Member

+1. My good buddy bought one of the Neo 2x12 cabs earlier this year and I was extremely impressed with the thing. When coupled with his old Traynor YBA-3 Custom, it produced the best bass tone I'd heard him get in years. I'd never had guessed that 12s could produce such a deep bass response. Great piece of gear.

5. phatster

phatster Member

GB is very good quality and the company service is stellar!That 600 shuttle is the shi....

6. Guy from Idaho

Guy from Idaho Member

I have the (now discontinued) GBE 600, love it. Loud, very tweakable, runs at 2 ohms, not too heavy. As mentioned, their customer service has a great reputation too. -Guy

7. phatster

phatster Member

I have talked to the main desigers of GB on another forum and they are very user friendly folks,I'm totally sold on their quality and customer service.They have personally remedied product issues in extremely satisfying ways...ie...sending new units to folks via overnite parcel until old one repaired!They also report specs in a homest manner...rated conservatively.:horse

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

great stuff,

not a fan of their cabs, but i own the shuttle 6.0, and its my goto amp for all things rock. doesnt hurt that it fits the front pocket of my undercover gig bag, too.

9. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

Why don't you like their cabs? And which cabs do you prefer? I was thinking of 2x10's...maybe a pair of them. Or a 4x10.

John

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

i'm an epifani, aguilar guy, and the gb cabs just dont sound as deep nor as 3d to my ears. others have said otherwise, but oh well.

but honestly, if you like 'em, and the price is right, go for it. an opinion on the internet is only as valid as you want it to be.