• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

George Benson - El Mar

Paul86

Hi everyone,
I've been obsessing about this old Benson song - El Mar. Has anyone here ever transcribed it?
I've googled it but got no hits. Help!

guitarua

I'm surprised no one has told you to transcribe it yourself. Any reason why you don't want to?

coltranemi2012

Silver Supporting Member
I agree with guitarua...don't transcribe it on paper...learn it! Then you can get the phrasing...also try to hear what string he plays it on...and remember he mainly uses 3 fingers which has a lot to do with his phrasing...have fun!

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
I agree with guitarua...don't transcribe it on paper...learn it! Then you can get the phrasing...also try to hear what string he plays it on...and remember he mainly uses 3 fingers which has a lot to do with his phrasing...have fun!
agreed

Paul86

I've already started doing this, but I don't feel especially secure about my transcribing skills. I know, I know, I have to keep at it to improve it, but I was just wondering if I could check how well I'm doing.
I was very happy when I could get the hang of Watch Out, by PG, but I must confess - I'm not that good at transcribing, and it is time consuming.

Trending Topics