George Harrison- All Things Must Pass

StratoCraig

It's a great album. My one annoyance with the CD edition is the badly colorized cover photo. Some who may not have seen older editions (I used to own the original Apple 3-LP release) may not realize it's supposed to be black and white.

Last edited:

Tomm Williams

I found a YouTube video of The Beatles performing All Things Must Pass in a studio rough. Compared to Georges version, it was pretty bad.
Of course it was just a rough take but it gave me the feeling the rest of the band really wasn't into it.

John H

Gold Supporting Member
I remember when I first got it, right after it came out. It stopped me in my tracks - his look, the immensity of the arrangements, and the amazing number of staggeringly good tracks. He'd accumulated a pretty impressive number of excellent songs while John and Paul were in control. With the album, "All Things Must Pass", he proved that he stood right alongside both of them.

mixwiz

I wish there was more track separation on most songs on the first two LPs.
The Wall of Sound method was muddled.
Phil has way more hit records than I do but I hate the wall of sound. I'm a big George fan and I remember how blown away was when this came out but I also think how much better it would have sounded if someone else had mixed it. I think it proves that great songs and great performances trumps recordings every time.

gmann

I found a YouTube video of The Beatles performing All Things Must Pass in a studio rough. Compared to Georges version, it was pretty bad.
Of course it was just a rough take but it gave me the feeling the rest of the band really wasn't into it.
A lot of Beatles rehearsal stuff sounds bad when they're feeling their way thru it. The outtakes of Something aren't very impressive either. Their are electric and acoustic versions of The Beatles doing ATMP

Trending Topics