• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

George Lynch destroys blues jam (not in a good way)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moderato

c'mon hes George Lynch... he HAD to explode, great George... they are doing their very slow stuff with fancy guitars and vintage amps and he rips em all with a modern amp and a phase90 ahahahaha

I love blues but both the videos are very funny, thanks for posting

Ken Whisler

That’s funny, since he was one of many shredders that declared “I’ve really always been a blues guy...” back in the 90’s when shred went out of vogue.

McShred

Silver Supporting Member
SIAP but this was in a thread on the General page and i thought it was hilarious. Both videos @ the 4 min mark you can really see the exasperation in the other players. Lynch is just steamrolling them with his wanking and tapping.

Amazing OMG....at about 3:25 in the video, George is stepping all over the vocal, and one of the guitar players goes over to tell him to shut the hell up. He literally motions "settle down" and then has to pat him on the back to drive the point home. Hilarious!

Dr.Lee

It's the etiquette that bugs me. Wait your turn.
Yeah this struck me as an especially douchy jam with nobody wanting to give an ounce of space or do a proper job of backing up someone elses wanking. "Oh look someone left enough space so I can get three wanky notes in!"

Last edited:

TheSmeeze007

George sounds fine. I agree about the etiquette, though. Don’t play wailing leads through singing and do let other people in the band have their turn to solo. George is going to play in the style that he is known for; he’s not going to play straight ahead blues. He seems like a good dude in interviews, so I wonder what the heck happened here?

It's the etiquette that bugs me. Wait your turn.
yeah i think this is what makes the videos entertaining, and i actually agree. the blues thing is pretty standard and whatever, but you can tell these guys take it seriously. GL's shredding is eh, i've seen him do better (and worse), but its the reaction of the players to him violating the unwritten etiquette that has me belly laughing.

soulman969

Sounded like a "who invited this guy" moment to me and I've experienced many of those while playing or hosting jams.

I think the point here may be I won't show up at your shredders fest and play BB King licks if you won't show up my blues jam thinking it's a shred fest.

jcs

I hosted a jam at our local blues club for a number of years. you'd see guys show up with their locking trem guitars and say OH NO! They usually fell flat on their face playing lightning fast flurrys of totally inappropriate notes. Just as bad were the blooze purists who would sneer at anyone playing a song by anyone still alive or playing anything but a strat of Gibson ES. Don't get me started on the harp players!
I tend to agree but have no issue with locking trems which have nothing to do with endless wanking and fast flurries of notes....Jimmy Thackery anyone? he's played a Strat with a Floyd for decades and sounds stellar at blues (usually).

CJReaper

I remember Vai saying something about thinking he was a terrible blues player because whenever he played it, it always came out as his own twisted "alien blues"
I remember reading an interview with Vai a few years ago where he talked about being at Clapton's Crossroads Benefit. He said after awhile he was really starting to get sick of hearing twelve bar Blues but didn't say anything because he didn't want to be rude. Then Jeff Beck walks up to him and says (paraphrasing) "If I hear one more bloody twelve bar Blues jam I'm going to puke!" which made Vai laugh and gave him a bit of relief to know that even a guy who could really play the Blues was getting sick of it, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom