George Lynch Screamin' Demon.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Tchello, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Tchello

Tchello Member

I'm planning to change the Screamin'Demon to somthing with more output.
    What you guys think about the Seymour Duncan JB?

2. charveldan

charveldan Senior Member

Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul
    SH-5 Duncan Custom > JB

3. ToneScavenger

ToneScavenger Member

I've been using the Screamin' Demon for over 12 years now and I totally love it. I agree it's gotta be in the right guitar for it to be great and it does like the heavier brighter guitars, although I've had it an alder bodied guitar with great results too. I currently have it in my Washburn EC26 and that guitar has a 3/4" maple top with a 1" alder back and maple fretboard... In that guitar I love the sound I get from it and I would replace it for anything else!

4. darkwave

darkwave Member

I've had a Screamin' Demon in my main guitar (Heritage H-150) for several years now and I have been plenty happy. I picked it after reviewing the sample CD that Duncan produced back then. It was one of my top couple picks from that CD, and it was certainly on the bright side compared to some of their offerings. I was replacing the stock dull-sounding Schallers and it was a big step up IMHO, much brighter, articulate, and versatile in comparison. It's the most returned pickup at Duncan because of the misleading name - not because it is a bad sounding pickup.

-Douglas C.

5. hawes

hawes Member

Like others have said it's tough to get in the "right" guitar. I am enjoying it right now in the neck of a mahogany body with maple cap. Like the others say, it splits very well. I am tempted to put it back in the bridge with a pearl gates in the neck with coil taps on each.

FWIW - I didnt like the custom in my guitar.

6. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

LOVE the screamin demon. have one in the bridge of a 70's SG, and the neck of an LP clone. everyone should try it in the neck if they didn't care for it in the bridge.

7. darkwave

darkwave Member

Actually, I have a Pearly Gates in the neck position of the guitar I have the Demon in. I really like that combo. I used to have coil taps on it as well, but when I rewired it a few years ago I left them off. It wasn't bad split, I just was simplifying things at the time and had a distaste for push-pull pots...

-Douglas C.

8. Lex

Lex Member

I really like it as a neck pickup. Paired w/ a JB in an alder body, maple fingerboard strat. Sounds neat in parallel & split too.

9. Zingeroo

Zingeroo Member

I had one. It was good, not great. A bit too rolled off on the high end. It sounded/felt too "soft" for lack of a better term.

10. chrisjw5

chrisjw5 Member

I have a L'il Screamin' Demon in the bridge of my Strat and it sounds great. Fills the gap, in that it's Strat-ish bright but THICK.

11. THebert

THebert Member

Had on in the bridge of a PRS. I liked it and it matched with the vintage bass well.