Votes: 14 50.0%
  • George!

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters

CRAIG4FSU

Whatever...
Silver Supporting Member
Steve, easily. Always great chops.

Sidenote, i don't think i've ever hear George play straight into a amp with no effects.

mikebat

I have rarely heard Lynch have such an unaffected tone or play lines much different than in his Dokken days. Good stuff

But Stevens playing a Les Paul and Tele is more translatable then Lynch with a Floyd equipped SuperStrat. For that alone, it's a better demo

Misterbulbous

Quite honestly, I thought George's was gonna be a trainwreck, but it wasn't. I preferred his demo. Seemed rawer and more open.

Totally off this topic, but George's recent release Sun Red Sun is insanely good. Killer rhythm and lead and great vocals.

soulohio

I like that Scala LP type guitar
look up Tommy and Richard doing One Man Mutiny on Youtube

Totally off this topic, but George's recent release Sun Red Sun is insanely good. Killer rhythm and lead and great vocals.
Have you heard the "Rebel" album yet? I like it even more than SRS.

I think George did a better job explaining the amp, but Steve's use of different guitars was a better showcase. Plus i agree the use of an LP was a better choice than the Floyded ESP. George should've busted out out his light blue Tele for this!

Misterbulbous

Have you heard the "Rebel" album yet? I like it even more than SRS.

I think George did a better job explaining the amp, but Steve's use of different guitars was a better showcase. Plus i agree the use of an LP was a better choice than the Floyded ESP. George should've busted out out his light blue Tele for this!
No I haven't heard Rebel yet. I can't believe how much George's playing has returned to the Dokken/Lynch Mob style.

The George Lynch demo sounded more like I would sound playing through the amp. That is, just noodling around and hoping my fingers land on the right spots.

Telefunky

First off, George gets an automatic disqualification for wearing a Shriner's hat. Besides, Steve did a proper demonstration of what the amp does and how one might use it.

What I find more interesting is how different they are from one another. Stevens had lessons and formal training so he's structured and organized, even when he's playing off the cuff. George is completely self-taught, so his improvisations are more exploratory and random.

I think their recordings show this too. Steve's records are consistently very good, whereas George's can be hit or miss. Of course, the beauty of this approach is that when he hits, George can give you goosebumps. Not many guitarists can do that.

Phnurt

Silver Supporting Member
That was fun! Was only mildly into Dokken back in the day, but have always been a big S.S. fan.

Steve Stevens is a composer/conductor/musical genius. Never been a fan of Lynch, I'm sure he does what he does very well.

circle_o_5ths

It appeared George's was unplanned, just sort of happened. Steve's was completely thought out, even his hair and clothing was incorporated. By watching both you really get a feel for the product, but if I have to pick one, Sweetwater delivers great demos.

Trending Topics