George Lynch's First Full-Length Instrumental Album

Bankston

Will drop on August 20.

This is something I've long wanted to hear. His instrumentals through the years have been excellent.

attachment-LynchAlbFeat.jpg

Yer Blues

I will check it out. It seems like he releases 2-3 albums a year?
Didn't he also change the name of Lynch Mob? I think he should just tour as George Lynch or George Lynch Band similar to Michael Schenker or someone else who has played with multiple bands/singers. Most people going to see him are going to see George Lynch regardless of who else is in the band.

Bankston

George is playing some dates opening for and jamming with Dokken, billed as George Lynch.

Lately I've seen him with this triple pickup Les Paul Custom a lot. He must be in love:

SoulTrip

As a GL fanatic - not just a 'fan' - I am on the fence. This man is the reason I picked up the guitar and while I am certainly no clone, a lot of his stylistic choices have guided mine. Him, Reb Beach, Vai and Satch are my influences.

That being said... I think Dokken's 'Dysfunctional' was his real peak. Very mature soloing, tasty as ****, and fit the songs perfectly. After that, he went from a fire-breather to someone so influenced by either the music of the era *cough* Shadowlife and Smoke This *cough* or so influenced by his heroes that he lost the ability to 'wow'. His leads are spastic in nature and Dokken's current guitarist is better at George's style than George himself is.

If it is anything close to the type of solo material on Sacred Groove - rail me in a **** swing! If not, and he's back on his 'feeling my roots' BS... well, hard pass.

sahlomonic

As a GL fanatic - not just a 'fan' - I am on the fence. This man is the reason I picked up the guitar and while I am certainly no clone, a lot of his stylistic choices have guided mine. Him, Reb Beach, Vai and Satch are my influences.

That being said... I think Dokken's 'Dysfunctional' was his real peak. Very mature soloing, tasty as ****, and fit the songs perfectly. After that, he went from a fire-breather to someone so influenced by either the music of the era *cough* Shadowlife and Smoke This *cough* or so influenced by his heroes that he lost the ability to 'wow'. His leads are spastic in nature and Dokken's current guitarist is better at George's style than George himself is.

If it is anything close to the type of solo material on Sacred Groove - rail me in a **** swing! If not, and he's back on his 'feeling my roots' BS... well, hard pass.

I would even add the Lynch/Pilson album as one of the best non Dokken/Lynch mob projects he's done. But yeah, I think I know exactly how this instrumental album is going to sound - and I'm really not anxious for it as much as it pains me to say it. I fear it's going to end up sounding like the Wicked Sensation Reimagined album :facepalm

townsend

I wish his 2011 MTV Headbangers Ball performance was released on an album. It has been deleted sometime ago on youtube, but I did find it at the site Daily Motion:

willyboy

Silver Supporting Member
I like George's playing and it's cool he's doing an instrumental record, but IMO he often just sounds like a bunch of noodling licks and this is a good example. Tune just doesn't go anywhere interesting for me.

swampstomper

Silver Supporting Member
I like George's playing and it's cool he's doing an instrumental record, but IMO he often just sounds like a bunch of noodling licks and this is a good example. Tune just doesn't go anywhere interesting for me.

Agreed. My favorite George Lynch guitar work remains Under Lock and Key. Killer tone and mind bending solos.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom