• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Georgia on my mind_ES125 with two Gibson amps

TL;DR

That was so good. It helps that I love the song, but you played it beautifully. The tone was amazing. I bet you’d still sound amazing with a Hello Kitty strat thru a Spyder. I’m still geeking out about how good that sounded.
:beer

Last edited:

asintoras

That was so good. It helps that I love the song, but you played it beautifully. The tone was amazing. I bed you’d still sound amazing with a Hello Kitty strat thru a Spyder. I’m still geeking out about how good that sounded.
:beer
Hahaha, you always make me laugh with your comments and exaggerations, but appreciate your kindness and for bringing me a smile.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Man, that was outstanding. Love the cascading harmonics at the beginning and end, the attention to the bassline throughout, and sophistication of the arrangement.

That is a much more detailed arrangement than I have. Very enjoyable.

The 125 sounds great. I've considered getting one instead of a 175. Do you miss having a cutaway on it?

asintoras

Man, that was outstanding. Love the cascading harmonics at the beginning and end, the attention to the bassline throughout, and sophistication of the arrangement.

That is a much more detailed arrangement than I have. Very enjoyable.

The 125 sounds great. I've considered getting one instead of a 175. Do you miss having a cutaway on it?
Many thanks Derek! I really appreciate your comments... I always try to keep a consistent chord/bass while I am working on my arrangements, but sometimes it sounds a bit basic. To me, the best arrangement for this tune was one done by Martin Taylor (would have to trace back that one to show it here), but my chord sophistication/knowledge is quite limited in comparison as I am not really a jazz player.

Please post your arrangement... would love to listen to it.

Re: the cutaway, as a classical player I am kind of used not to have one and most of the time is not really needed for the tunes I play with this guitar. But if you can afford a ES-175, go for it as it is considered more valuable and collectable, but if not, an ES-125 will get you there: same construction (pretty much) and tone woods, only difference is less ornamentation and the way the neck is attached to the body (flat on the 125, elevated on the 175).

AndrewSimon

That was awesome, I'm almost embarrassed to say this about this beautiful recording but to my taste
there is way too much of that "Reverb and Echo", it covers up your beautiful playing.

:)

BigBadOrange

Silver Supporting Member
Lol, I am a total metal head shred guy, and even I can recognize your talent. I feel your passion for this style and it is totally not my style. Nice!

asintoras

That was awesome, I'm almost embarrassed to say this about this beautiful recording but to my taste
there is way too much of that "Reverb and Echo", it covers up your beautiful playing.

:)
Many thanks! Yes, I get your point and it is always a matter of taste really. Personally, I like it that way but no more than that, and I could be perfectly happy with less effects also. I don't know... I try to change from time to time just out of boredom maybe?

Lol, I am a total metal head shred guy, and even I can recognize your talent. I feel your passion for this style and it is totally not my style. Nice!
It's funny cause I am not a jazz player - although I like jazz - and always considered myself a rocker at heart (classic hard rock with bits of progressive rock), but I always have been also a classical guitar player and there is where my fingerstyle skills come from. Many thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to listen to something out of your comfort zone!

Thanks Carl!

Magnificent.
Thank you!

JParry335

Bravo mi amigo!
You just keep getting better and better every time I hear you. You are really growing as a player.
As already mentioned, your arrangement is superb. Your technique is sharp and smooth.
So great to listen to!

asintoras

Bravo mi amigo!
You just keep getting better and better every time I hear you. You are really growing as a player.
As already mentioned, your arrangement is superb. Your technique is sharp and smooth.
So great to listen to!
Hi Jim, good to hear from you again! Many thanks for the kind words. I guess I took this hiatus from COVID-19 to try to get up on my game in a few aspects. Still have lots to do to improve but I feel too that I have grown a bit... Maybe I will become an adult music-wise :D

Take care!

newb3fan

Silver Supporting Member
That sounded awesome. I could tell you were a classically trained guitarist from the very beginning of the piece. Learning some expanded chord voicing and extensions and alterations does not take a lot of effort and is quite intuitive if your knowledge of the fretboard is solid, which I'm assuming it is from the way you play!

asintoras

That sounded awesome. I could tell you were a classically trained guitarist from the very beginning of the piece. Learning some expanded chord voicing and extensions and alterations does not take a lot of effort and is quite intuitive if your knowledge of the fretboard is solid, which I'm assuming it is from the way you play!
Thank you very much... Yes, I am having fun dissecting other arrangements from Joe Pass and others to better understand the rationale behind those beautiful chords.