Germanium FF users, some real life gig questions and placement in chain...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fabulusfab777, Jun 20, 2019.

1. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Member

Thanks so much for the comment Mike. I'm really tempted to order a new Sunface, some of the current options offered seems really nice (Like the hybrid RCA/nkt, medium gain) very very tempting...

That's what I wanted to do, run the fuzz into the boost side of my KOT, but great advice on setting it cleaner and brighter. Will try that!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    analogmike and LordByron like this.
  2. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

With those settings and the level knob at 12 and the tone knob at 10 on the Keeley I’m just getting a slight bit of added compression and a slight volume boost with an RCA/NKT hybrid sunface with guitar volume rolled off. It’s not really messing with the core tone at all.

fabulusfab777 likes this.
  3. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Member

That's great ! BTW, how do you like the RCA/NKT Sunface, is it a low or med gain ? And compared to other Sunface you have of other FF type, how do like it ?

Thanks a lot

4. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

All of mine are medium gain. RCA sunlion, hybrid sunface, and a NKT red dot sunface. They sound exactly as Mike describes on his website. More cut/brighter with the RCA to a more warmer sound with the red dots with the hybrid in the middle but closer to the RCA a little bit to my ears.

analogmike and fabulusfab777 like this.
  5. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Member

Nice, although not cheap, I think one of these Hybrid Transistors Sunface will be in my near future...

BearBryan likes this.