• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Germino Classic 45

GUITARKELLY

Hi, my friend Kenny resently got a Classic 45 that seems to be the perfect amp for volume, tone and loves pedals. I know Germino still makes them but there's a wait. Does anyone know where I might find one used? Tried Fat Sound etc. :(

Anyone

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I've had a red one on order from Stu for awhile. Used ones are hard to come by and when they do, you better be quick on the trigger. I heard Greg was making a run of Club 40s right now and then he was going to make a run of 45s so you may check the eta with Stu.

You're lucky to have heard one, I still haven't, but I'm sure it's pretty cool.

nolenuttt

Platinum Supporting Member
Just wait a few more days, and you'll be able to swap him out of it for something of yours............:D :D

GUITARKELLY

OH MY GOD THEY KILLED KENNY! BASTARDS!!

I may have to buy one new.:mad:

Mark it might take more than a few days, he loves that amp.:D

LavaMan

Call Greg Germino and ask him - he is a really nice guy and his phone # is on his website.

Cody McLain

Sorry you guys have a bit of a wait, but it's good to hear that Greg is so swamped with work. He's one of the nicest builders I've ever had the pleasure of talking to. Make's damn fine amps too....

riffmeister

Originally posted by GUITARKELLY

I may have to buy one new.:mad:

.........it might be worth the wait! :)

Mine is a 2x12 combo with Greenbacks, Solen caps, and I swapped out the KT66's for EL34's. Very very sweet amp! Nice volume, nice tones, pedal friendly.......it has all the right moves for the type of music I play.

will132

Was just browsing Black Creek Guitars and saw a red Germino 45 on their site for sale. Not sure if its still available, but here is the website if you want to find out.

Black Creek Guitars

BIGGERSTAFF

I've got a red 2x12 C45, with Celestion Heritages. This thing is amazing sounding- very 3 dimensional. You'll be happy with your amps, for those with C45s on order.

GUITARKELLY

Talked to Black Creek and they may have one on the way. There going to let me know tomorow.

SO MAYBE HOPE HOPE!!!

Thanks, Kelly:)

riffmeister

Originally posted by GUITARKELLY
Talked to Black Creek and they may have one on the way. There going to let me know tomorow.

SO MAYBE HOPE HOPE!!!

Thanks, Kelly:)
Kenny will be very relieved to hear the news! :dude

m1911

Originally posted by BIGGERSTAFF
I've got a red 2x12 C45, with Celestion Heritages. This thing is amazing sounding- very 3 dimensional. You'll be happy with your amps, for those with C45s on order.
You have Heritage G12-M Greenbacks?...or G12-H?
If you have Greenbacks....are you completely happy with them?
The set-up you have seems like the perfect combo....although...a bit heavy?
Mark

BIGGERSTAFF

The 20W Heritage Greenback models. That's what Greg likes the best currently. Originally I was going to just get the stock GBs, but after talking to Stu and Greg, I figured why skimp. I'm very happy with the tone though. Beautiful, thick, 3 D cleans, and when cranked the crunch is outstanding. It's never harsh, and even dimed, it's not excruciatingly loud. It's not a light amp, but the bigger issue is the size. It's a tall and deep cab, so while it's not too heavy, it can be a bit awkward carrying(unless you have a roadcase with wheels or something).

GUITARKELLY

Hi everyone, I found a 212 combo at Mass Street Music. It has the Heritage 20 watt Celestions. I'm very excited, it will be here this week. I can hardly wait!!

Riffmeister can you tell me the difference in sound between the KT66 and the EL34's?

Thanks all for your help. I will post soon after I've had some time with the amp.

Kelly,

BIGGERSTAFF

I can't comment on the EL34s in it, but it sounds pretty amazing with the -66s. I already have 3 EL 34 amps anyway, so I like having the diversity. You made a good call on the Heritage upgrade though. those are some great speakers.

Trending Topics