Germino Club 40 w/Master Volume Mod

JiMB

Quick low volume clip with the newly installed ppimv.
Cheers!

I used:
'05 R8 Les Paul w/Manlius Pickups HR 59's
'09 Germino Club 40
Petersen 2x12 cab w/Celestion M65 Creamback speakers

Mics:
Shure SM57
Audix i5
Reverb from Pro Tools

JiMB

^^^^
I had it done in LA by my friend Jim Wigle, I've known him since my Detroit days.

Last edited:

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds cool. So, given the choice, would you choose to play the amp like that, with the master down that low, or set the amp clean and use a Marshall-style OD pedal?

Thanks,
Joe

jkr

Silver Supporting Member
Great sounding clip! You're demos are very musical and its refreshing to hear someone play chord work in their demos, as opposed to just single note noodling which only shows one aspect of the sound. Plus, rock guitarist are playing chords the vast majority of the time. I don't get what guys are thinking when they do an amp demo and barely play any chords. Great job. Your demos rock. I've got to keep Jim Wiggle in mind for future amp work.

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Yup, that's the sound right there. Love it.

JiMB

Great sounding clip! You're demos are very musical and its refreshing to hear someone play chord work in their demos, as opposed to just single note noodling which only shows one aspect of the sound. Plus, rock guitarist are playing chords the vast majority of the time. I don't get what guys are thinking when they do an amp demo and barely play any chords. Great job. Your demos rock. I've got to keep Jim Wiggle in mind for future amp work.
Thanks!
The single note stuff is fun but, yeah, you need chords, a groove to make it work.
Jimmy Wigle does know his way around Marshalls. He's done work/played with Lynch, Ratt, AC/DC, those are the ones I know of.
cheers!
Yup, that's the sound right there. Love it.
Thanks Phil, classic grind!

JiMB

Hey wedewer,
I haven't tried the H75's. Those, V Type and V30's would all sound good I'd bet.

wedewer

You know what's sad Jim. I have a Germino 412 with 2 M65 creamback and 2 recently installed H75 creambacks and I have just been too lazy to move the amp across the room and try it out through the 412. I tend to prefer the Club 40 with my Germino open back 212. I guess I should get off my ass and try it out.

JiMB

^^^^
I'll be right over and we'll check it out!
Ha! I wish I could check out your amp stash!

Dicky

Jim,

Have you ever tried the club 40 with an attenuator? With Greg now offering the master mod on his amps I'm debating whether to have it done to my Club 40 or continue using the Alex attenuator.

JiMB

Jim,

Have you ever tried the club 40 with an attenuator? With Greg now offering the master mod on his amps I'm debating whether to have it done to my Club 40 or continue using the Alex attenuator.
Hi Dicky,
I think I tried the Unleash with the Club 40 before I had the master installed, I know I used it with my Marshall for sure. It was ok but I prefer a simpler setup, nothing extra to plug in. The nice thing about it was the loop for putting some delay after the preamp.
Over all, the mv works for my tastes.

Cheers,
Jim

LP07

Jim,

this is too funny we have the exact same set up. Club 40 with MV, Petersen 2x12, and a historic Gibson LP. Love your you YouTube channel, your demo's are sick. I think you should keep up the instructional lick videos too. Don't top at that just one! I need to plagiarize more!

Regards, Cheers, turn it up!
Andrew

JiMB

Jim,

this is too funny we have the exact same set up. Club 40 with MV, Petersen 2x12, and a historic Gibson LP. Love your you YouTube channel, your demo's are sick. I think you should keep up the instructional lick videos too. Don't top at that just one! I need to plagiarize more!

Regards, Cheers, turn it up!
Andrew
Ha, thanks Andrew! We think alike!
Glad you like the "instructional licks" vid, too. I'll do more!

Cheers!
Jim

Trending Topics