germino club 40 with a 1x12

dougeds

anyone using their club 40 with a 1x12 cab? if so, what speaker is good and do you find it to be enough in a band setting? my 4x12 w/greenbacks sounds great, but i want a light rig option. thanks.

Zuper

Silver Supporting Member
Yep. The G12-65 is probably your best bet if you like M magnet speakers. Also check out the 65 watt LHDC Scumback. Personally, I prefer H-mag speakers with my Club 40. Scumback also makes a 65-watt H-mag that will work great and provide slightly more volume.

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
Along with the germino 2x12 with greens I have an avatar vintage 1x12 loaded with a scumback H75-16HP-LHDC that sounds pretty good to me .....wondering if I would like the M75 better but dont have one to compare

dougeds

do you guys thing a 1x12 will do the job or would a 2x12 be a safer bet in a live setting? is there any concern about a 50w head being too much for a 1x12 config?

Scumback Speakers

Platinum Supporting Member
do you guys thing a 1x12 will do the job or would a 2x12 be a safer bet in a live setting? is there any concern about a 50w head being too much for a 1x12 config?
Not if you get a 100w speaker, then you can crank your 50w at will. I've tested that to conclusion already.

dougeds

for those of you using a 1x12 with a club 40, what cabinet are you using? any preferences, in terms of tone? seems most of the standard 1x12's out there are not as wide as the head box.

JPW

I just seen on the Germino website that he is now offering a 1x12 combo cab for the Classic 45. I'm sure he would sell you a empty one. just got an email saying he would sale one unloaded.

JPW

I just seen on the Germino website that he is now offering a 1x12 combo cab for the Classic 45. I'm sure he would sell you a empty one. just got an email saying he would sale one unloaded.
As you know this cab would fit all his lower wattage amps!

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
When I use a 1x12 I have a vintage model avatar open back (still not as wide as the head but it still sits securely on top..) that I loaded with a scumback h75-16hpldhc

Works great but still like the sound of his cab with two greens better

ev333

I use a club 40 1-12 combo with a G12-65. Its plenty for most gigs. I also have a Port City OS 1-12 cab with a G12-65. The combo of the 2 is great for larger venues.