• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street (Live TV) 1978

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
I have been a fan from the first time I heard this song,(even through its radio overplay). Surprised he plays bass on this lip sync performance.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
We do this song in one of the bands I'm in. It always goes down well.

Steve Hotra

Gold Supporting Member
"Live" TV?
Its a cool song, but to reproduce the actual recording "live" might be hard to do.
Whatever happened to GR after this song? One hit wonder?

Fred132

Other songs from the the "City to City" album besides Baker Street charted. "Right Down the Line" comes to mind.

Then of course there was his hit with Stealers Wheel.

DustyRhodesJr

City to City was one of those rare albums that is not only a hit album, it is basically like a
greatest hits album, even though it was not intended to be.

Every song is good.

Custom50

Not live. Playing along to the recording.

Anyways, it's the kind of thing I don't usually like but I actually REALLY like that song. It's catchy and brings back alot of great memories from a particularly great summer for me. Funny how a song can do that huh?

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Always been a great tune.

Billy Connolly has some great stories of GR and his pranks when they were touring as the Humblebums.

59refin

Great song but possibly the worst 'synced performance I've ever seen. Vocals, sax, guitar, not even close.

Trending Topics