• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Get Back Documentary (includes spoilers)

Tony

Silver Supporting Member
Figured we’d have a thread for discussion now that it’s out…

So I’m about halfway thru the first episode.

Main takeaway so far:

Apparently everyone smoked all the time in the 60s.

Also. Watching and listening to them work together is a real treat. What a treasure this footage is. Enjoying it quite a bit.

Tony

Silver Supporting Member
I won’t get too detailed since folks are just now getting up and starting it, but overall I’m finding the personal and group dynamics very interesting to watch.

I feel like Epstein left a big hole in the group dynamic. Seems like he brought some focus to things, which is lacking in his absence. Too many hands on the wheel.

johnny q

I went on Disney + roughly 12:30 am and it was not available yet. Judging from the commentary, it sounds like it's ready for streaming! I will need to take a break from the Turkey and stuffing today to watch it.

Tony

Silver Supporting Member
I went on Disney + roughly 12:30 am and it was not available yet. Judging from the commentary, it sounds like it's ready for streaming! I will need to take a break from the Turkey and stuffing today to watch it.
Episode 1 is available. I’m the early bird in my house so I fired it up in the man cave.

PUCKBOY99

Gold Supporting Member
Just watched......

I appreciate that it puts a lot of the original movie into context.

The bit where Paul comes up with Get Back is incredible.

I wish I could play the piano !

Listening to Naked now.....it always baffles me that they let Phil Spector touch this album.

And yeah, would've been nice to have all "episodes" available, but then I never would've gotten off the couch, taken a shower & brought my mother some food today. ;)

Last edited:

Tony

Silver Supporting Member
Just watched......

I appreciate that it puts a lot of the original movie into context. And yeah, would've been nice to have all "episodes" available, but then I never would've gotten off the couch, taken a shower & brought my mother some food today. ;)
Agreed… I’m supposed to start cooking soon; probably good that I don’t have all 3 to watch today.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom