Get Back

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Priestunes, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Another one from the same session as Hey Joe... lots of fun! Maybe too much... ahem. I'll offer NO excuses, though, dangnabit! It's Get Back... to practicing!
    Get Back--2004

2. Snowdog

Snowdog Member

Sounded great! Is that you doing the vocals as well?

3. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Thanks! Yep. Me on vox. I maintain that doing these numbers, these covers, really makes it clear to me how great the greats are. It's humbling to try to cover material, to sing it, play it, record it. The whole industry is an amazing achievement and the more time goes by, the less qualified I feel to critique others' work. Even if the music doesn't appeal to me, there's usually genius in it.... Nietzsche says, "we hear strange music badly." It really makes a lot of sense. I wonder, do most dismiss what others are doing if it doesn't fit familiar categorizations? Anyway... that's me on vocals.... huffing away and simultaneously realizing why Paul McCartney is the world's wealthiest musician.
    :D

4. jaymeister

jaymeister Supporting Member

Great job. Your vocals are great too.

5. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

[SIZE=-1]Danke für deine unterstützung, mein Freund-meister!![/SIZE]

6. Snowdog

Snowdog Member

Pickhead, the reason I asked was because I thought you had a great voice. I like your pitch and your tone!

Too bad your are in Michigan - I would love to have you in my band. GOOD singers (for me, at least) are always the hardest thing to find. Wanna move to DC to play covers? LOL!!!

Actually - I might be able to use you on some music that I am writing with the bass player. If you are interested, I 'll keep you posted (we can probably do this over the net).

7. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Yeah, I'd be up to laying down some tracks! Sounds like a blast! I didn't think you were doggin' me, either. My point is that doing these covers is SO humbling because it has forced me to realize how AWESOME the stuff out there is that we have to pick and choose from. Right now I'm listening to the best of Joe Cocker, and .... speechless. The depth of how amazing it is, the vibe of the times, the beauty and passion and all that.... F! Love it. So... heck yeah, keep me posted. I'll sing 'em. Hope they get you some more D.C. gigs.

8. scottl

scottl Member

Wow Pickhead! You really captured the vibe of the boyz!! Your voice is fantastic! You sing better than I talk! Nice job on the vintage production techniques!

9. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

ah... shoot. Thanks, bro. Not to sound syrupy or anything, but coming from you, that's nice stuff. You play guitar is like :NUTS:AOK---so that means a lot. I've been playing a LONG time and coming to the GP has been a real wake up call. Sometimes long ain't long enough. Thanks, and I hope you and everyone here keeps doing this crazy thing--music--with all that it takes! And hope for the best............

10. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Man that was so nice!!!
    Great voice, and marvelous music!
    Niels

11. BNB

BNB Silver Supporting Member

WOW! That sounded awesome!! Cool vibe on the singing too.

12. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Rid and BNB.... thanks, guys! It was a blast to play. The drummer moved thousands of miles away, but I'm working on putting together another project with other players. In fact, we've got a (our first) gig this Friday, and I plan to record on ADAT, so if anything comes of it, I'll post the highlights. Great players this St. Patrick's Day and the place will be off the HOOK!
    :dude:RoCkIn:BEER